[SOLVED] System wont power up, only RGB and mobo lights up ?

Mar 13, 2023
I've been using same system for a year now without any problems. Decided to change GPU and update OS SSD. After I got everything connected and tried to boot and nothing happened. Fans dont move an inch, no indication whatsoever about boot sequence. Only thing is RGB on mobo lights up when I turn PSU switch on.

I've done every step on the stickied troubleshoot post. I bought new PSU (was about to upgrade it anyways) and new case. I've tried using old GPU again, switching ram slots and so on with no help.

Weirdest part is it worked just fine beforehand. I didnt change anything that would affect the power up of the computer.

You guys got any ideas? Did I really brick my MB somehow in the process?

Specs:
Asus Tuf B550-Plus
R5 3600 + stock cooler
Kingston Fury 3600 16gb
Evga 750w PSU
RTX 3060

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Decided to change GPU and update OS SSD
Can you walk us through how you performed the upgrade? Make and model of our old GPU and your old PSU? Did you clone the OS?

Evga 750w PSU
EVGA is the brand of the unit while 750W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the model to said unit?

Did I really brick my MB somehow in the process?
If you did, there's an option for you to unbrick/recover the BIOS for the motherboard. Turn to page 2-4, section 2.4 titled ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 in your motherboard manual. Yu can likewise have the latest BIOS file in the root directory of your SUB drive(formatted to FAT32) and then press the button on the back. Please be wary that the USB drive needs to be in the drive with the port labelled BIOS surrounded by a white box on the rear I/O shield.

Mar 13, 2023
Thanks for your reply!

Edit: old GPU was Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB. No idea what the old PSU was. Never heard of it before. Cant get the computer to show any sign of life, so no didnt get to do OS clone.

Computer was shutdown, I switched PSU off from the back, disconnected power cable and pressed power button for few moments. Then I unplugged the old GPUs cables and took it off from the socket. Then I unplugged the old HDD's, installed new ssd to the bracket and connected cables to mobo and power. After SSD was in place I put the new GPU in the slot and plugged power cables. After everything was done, i tried to turn on the computer, mobo rgb came up, but nothing happened. I was trying to get to the bios in the first place, had Windows media creation tool on usb.

PSU is EVGA 750 B5. I've checked it working with another mobo.

I updates the BIOS to latest version with the flashback button but it didnt help.

View: https://imgur.com/a/RUFGFqw
here's some pictures.

I got the other motherboard running with the same PSU so that rules faulty PSU off. I also tried taking the stock cpu cooler off and run the faulty mobo with the other cooler that I confirmed was working. Still no sign of life.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2023
Am I correct for thinking that fans would spin up and the MB would light up the cpu fault led light if the problem was with cpu? Anyone have any experience about this?

Im about to do RMA but I want to be absolutely sure first.

Mar 13, 2023
Thanks for reply.

I didnt. All the power cables are from the new one. I even used them to boot up another board (in pictures), so 100% not faulty PSU!

Mar 13, 2023
If anyone having the same problem, I did an RMA and the new mobo worked perfectly. The lights on the mobo should light even without cpu, ram stick or gpu.