T-Bird 133FSB model?

G

Does anyone know when its going to get a little easier to find a T-Bird at 133Mhz FSB? I'm lookin at building a new system with a T-Bird 950, and I don't dabble with over-clocking, so I was really looking forward to the increased system bus. I'm told it wouldn't be too hard to manually change change the bus clock. I'm looking at an Abit motherboard for the new system; would it be as simple as setting the bus to 133 in the Soft Menu and making sure the processor is adequately cooled? If so, that's entirely acceptable.

G

the 133fsb processors are not out yet, but what you can do is unlock the multiplier and lower the ratio then up the fsb, for example, if you have a tbird 1 gig cpu the standard multiplier is 10 x 100fsb , in this case you would change the multiplier to 7.5 and the fsb to 133 and that will still get you 1 gig. good cooling is a must for amd cpu's as they get pretty hot. ;o)

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
for the heat question, if you're not overclocking you don't have to worry about a huge fancy shmancy cooling system. Just get a decent heatsink and fan and if you install it correctly (which I'm sure you'll do, it's not that hard) your chip will be fine.

mpjesse

Splendid
If you don't want to overclock the CPU and just up the FSB to 133... all you have to do is scratch 4 lines with a pencil over the L1 bridges. Doing this unlocks the processor to be overclocked- but when you mess with bus settings your not really overclocking the CPU- your just changing the multiplier. It's easy.

-MP Jesse