T-Mobile Doesn't Believe In Borders, Offers Free Calling To Mexico, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenrix

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
It's a nice move to be able to call to Mexico from the USA without extra charges. There has been a monopoly by telecom operators to charge a huge amount of money to Hispanic people. On another note when their network work, it is crystal clear, but when it does not work, depending on your location it can be a real pain.
I got some technical issues with T-Mobile in my area (78728) with slow speed of 0.5 mbs, but they sent me a signal booster for free. In other areas (78729 for example) I can get 30 mbs off their network and 8mbs in upload. It's pricey too, but still was the most affordable telecom operator compared to AT&T or other companies.
I use my phone more and more for data than voice, it's the big trend of 2015 and it's going to be this way until voice operation disappears slowly but surely.
I also need to rely on T-Mobile for international roaming when I go to France to visit my family, no other network operator was able to do that.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
They should first shore up their coverage in this country. We used to be on T-Mobile and signal quality was not very good.
wtf how does this even make sense? this is clearly a simple thing to change, but first you want them to increase coverage? what? i dont even.

I understood just fine. He is saying whats the point in being able to use your phone to make calls to/from Canada and Mexico for free if you don't have service in the US? Seems like a rather valid point since I had similar issues. I would really consider T-Mobile if they had better service in the areas I frequent which both Verizon and ATT have great coverage but T-Mobile does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.