t1 wireless HELP!!

gveunn

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003
my neighborhood friends and i wanna do this...get a t1 put at my friend's house. then me and my other friend get the wireless LAN transmitor/receiver here...http://www.atwwireless.com/airbridge.htm

then we put it on all of our rooves and get a lan t1 connection... then we split the monthly bill.

will this work?

kwebb68

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2002
It can work. Would be very espensive to do. Before you even begin the wireless part of the project you might consider pricing a T-1 circuit for your location. There are variables but if you plan on getting the full T, then your looking at 500 bucks a month or better.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
if you dont run it through some sort of proxy or nat you will need an ip address for each computer out there. i have considered doing that but the cost of a full t1 is just too much, oh the possibilities with my own t1! the upload speed is all i really need. damn, i could get into a lot of trouble.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015

ReCk

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2001
the cheapest way to do this would to be start off with a fractional T1, you can get them as small as 128k and have increasing limits, No one actually buys a full T1 they are just too expensive.

Also look at the speeds of a T1 compared to a cable connection they are the same or in some instances the cable is faster. If you are looking for a higher upload throughput, your best bet is getting a business account with your cable company, you will have a static IP, and have the a higher upload speed.

Only when you get to T3's do you see a large jump in speed. Again if you go T1 go for a fractional T1, but I would suggest look into a business account with your cable company.