Take The Train: Lian Li PC-CK101, Built, Tested, And...Driven?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
I love it. I couldn't use it for my needs but I would hound anyone near me about "let me see your computer" if they had this case. Supa cool.... but that is just me.

flong777

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013

In the pictures there are no curved tracks and so you cannot make a circle, this is unfortunate.

Still it is a wonderful idea - what a wonderful computer this would make for an older child.

bujuki

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Months ago when I saw this case on Lian-li's web I thought it would be a good present for my love one. For all-rounder CPU I thought an AMD A10-5800K was a good choice, but I was worried with temperature performance of the case. It would be best if you include some review about that.

Good job for Lian-li and thanks for the interesting article anyway. :)

[citation][nom]bit_user[/nom]Not the first time I've seen it, but I still think this case is just an exercise in sheer ridiculousness. But since the PC era is coming to an end, who can blame Lian Li for having a little fun while they still can?[/citation]

So if the PC is dying, what are you doing wasting your time reading an article about one and posting about it? Back to your cave, trolling troglodyte. And take your little boy-toy gaming console and tablet with you.

ancientrelic

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
I think you used the wrong mini-SATA adapter, I've got one in my pile of cables that has the mini connector on one end and a 8" pigtail ending in a sata connector and molex. That would be a lot easier to use in that case since the mini-SATA end isnt wider than the optical drive.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
dumb and impractical. What the hell do steam locomotives have anything to do with computers? next they'll be introducing their inflatable hippo case that can be used as a floaty in case you decide to get out of your basement and go to the pool.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I actually visited the Railroad Museum in Sacramento a few months ago and loved the old trains there. If you are near there even it's an hour drive it's worth the trip.

htwingnut

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
Why no low profile video card? Seems possible. Just have to mod the back of the case and you will have one nice little "mobile" gaming machine. :) HD 7750 should work just fine.

King Street

Honorable
May 10, 2013
Now if you get to install a third rail and make it completely wireless, it would be absolutely amazing.

http://www.imgzero.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.