Talking of Scenery

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:00:37 -0000, "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

> If you haven't seen a picture of the latest bridge in France, the highest
>in the world, have a look at this.
>I wonder who will be the first to put it into FS9 Scenery!
>
>http://client.webshots.com/photo/196516384/289938994zGLVFt
>
>Official website is
>
>http://www.viaducdemillau.com/
>

>Cheers,
>
>Quilly

Oh.. of course. Y'all want to fly around and throught the spans! :)

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:00:37 -0000, Quilljar wrote:

> If you haven't seen a picture of the latest bridge in France, the highest
> in the world, have a look at this.
> I wonder who will be the first to put it into FS9 Scenery!
>
> http://client.webshots.com/photo/196516384/289938994zGLVFt

That's just asking for visits from stuntpilots and basejumpers!

--

Marcel
(Mmmmmm.....beer and doughnuts. - Homer Simpson)

here's a link:

http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=12418&ttitle=vdmillau.zip

--
Italo Neira Vielma

> SorbitoL wrote:
>> here's a link:
>>
>> http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=12418&ttitle=vdmillau.zip
>

> Thank you, and so here it is in place with the default mesh in France.
> Easy to fly under!
>

> http://client.webshots.com/photo/194691959/290731967pCvYjl
>

> Cheers,
>
> Quilly

Very nice pano...

Jay B

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:59:46 -0000, "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>SorbitoL wrote:
>
>> http://www.surclaro.com/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=12418&ttitle=vdmillau.zip
>

>Thank you, and so here it is in place with the default mesh in France. Easy to fly under!
>

> http://client.webshots.com/photo/194691959/290731967pCvYjl

Nice shot.. might want to add some replacement cliff textures!!

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=50834

-G

>Cheers,
>
>Quilly

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:46:44 -0000, "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>> Nice shot.. might want to add some replacement cliff textures!!
>>
>> http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=50834
>

>I did that months ago, you mean they don't show up?

The cliff textures are already in there?
hmm.. it appears FS9 is a bit different.

Here are the cliffs in FS8.. and Oskar might
recognizes the mountains on Walen Lak. :)

It's south of Zurich if you want to view area.

http://home.comcast.net/~g-abbey/cliffs.png (472k)

http://home.comcast.net/~g-abbey/cliffs_II.png (364k)

Graphics card is 32MB nVidia Riva TNT2 with
1280x1024 resolution, reduces and processed
for newsgroup. Optimised lossless PNG format.

-Gregory

Very nice textures Greg. I must check up where mine went to. Can you
remember the source?

Cheers,

Quilly

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:01:18 -0000, "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>Very nice textures Greg. I must check up where mine went to.
>Can you remember the source?
>

>Cheers,
>
>Quilly

the source? { scratching head } the previous link you mean?

The cliffs are by Ben Hartnett, aspectabund@fastmail.com.au

Another texture upgrade is `Wood And Desert'
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=37274

It's a good idea to collect a number of different textures, organise
them, and change in and out.. even experiment with some custom ones.
Not everyone has time to do this or read through SDKs.. or even sift
through 100's of terrain files.. but it's worth it. GREAT views!!

-Gregory