hankafyin

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Hey forum,

I am wanting to upgrade my HSF from a AC Freezer 7 Pro (Rev 1). I was going to use the CM Hyper 212 Plus, I am running on a AMD 955 system and it has performed well. The problem is RAM clearance, for the Q9550 System. I am using 8 GB of 800 mhz OCZ Blade RAM and the Heat Spreaders are HUGE.

I would like to use two fans for push/pull, but I am fairly sure that the front fan will cover my first DIMM slot.

Here is a shot of the case with the AC Freezer 7 Pro, (with a CM badge on it)

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu70/henrystrawn/DSCN0497.jpg

I was looking at the Tuniq Tower Extreme, but wasn't impressed with their mounting hardware, no pins or screws, and the other option was low pro 120mm fans.

Could I get some recommendations for good low pro 120 mm Fan, for use with the CM Hyper 212 Plus, or maybe other full tower coolers.

Thanx guys

Solution
I'm not 100% sure but I think the Noctua one (DH14??) would work. It can fit up to 3 fans, but worst case scenario you could put one in the middle and one on the rear so it's a pull/push/pull set up. I think it would work well. Otherwise the Tuniq is really good but I don't know about it's mounting.

hankafyin

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
My apologies forum, I just took some quick measurements. It will fit with two fans, different layout on different motherboard.

The first one to reply and call me an IDIOT will get "best Answer"

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Noctua one (DH14??) would work. It can fit up to 3 fans, but worst case scenario you could put one in the middle and one on the rear so it's a pull/push/pull set up. I think it would work well. Otherwise the Tuniq is really good but I don't know about it's mounting.

Solution