[SOLVED] Task manager not accurate

No no

Commendable
Jan 18, 2020
So my task manager says my CPU is always at 100% utilization which means that my CPU clock goes up higher, so my temperature is higher than normal, currently at 40-50°C, but my normal is around 30°C without overclocking, I tried to see if I actually go 100% utilization using prime95, but after stopping the test it was still 100% and the max temps were around 70°C which is normal (as far as ik). After ending the task with the most CPU usage, it just finds another program.

My specs:
mobo - MSI b450M-A PRO MAX
CPU - Ryzen 5 1600X
RAM - 2x8gb @ 3000 MHz
unknown.png

Solution
right click start
choose run
type winver
and press enter
what version of win 10 are you on? Current is 1909

A previous version of Task manager had a bug where it wasn't showing right percentages. Updating it could help.

Is it the same in safe mode?
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click next
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode
So my task manager says my CPU is always at 100% utilization which means that my CPU clock goes up higher, so my temperature is higher than normal, currently at 40-50°C, but my normal is around 30°C without overclocking, I tried to see if I actually go 100% utilization using prime95, but after stopping the test it was still 100% and the max temps were around 70°C which is normal (as far as ik). After ending the task with the most CPU usage, it just finds another program.

My specs:
mobo - MSI b450M-A PRO MAX
CPU - Ryzen 5 1600X
RAM - 2x8gb @ 3000 MHz
unknown.png

Don't use task manager for benchmarking your parts or usage. Use another program such as rivatuner etc. Everytime I look on task manager it shows my SSD is constantly at 0% and my CPU is always at 1% no matter what I try.

No no

Commendable
Jan 18, 2020
First thing I would suggest would be to close some things. Go to "Background Apps" and turn some sliders to off. Maybe click a few things not to come on at startup. Perhaps close those 13 tabs you have open in Edge.

Then check again.

Before turning off my PC I closed everything and it was still at 100%. And on Edge there weren't 13 tabs, they were like 3-5, idk why it says 13, mby some background processes

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start
choose run
type winver
and press enter
what version of win 10 are you on? Current is 1909

A previous version of Task manager had a bug where it wasn't showing right percentages. Updating it could help.

Is it the same in safe mode?
go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click next
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Solution