[SOLVED] task manager shows many more than the nb of tab i have open

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
HI
i use firefox and chrome.
even thought i have only 2 tab in chrome and 1 in firefox, as you can see the numbers show like i have many more tabs open.
1 could that explain for a slow to reach a website?
2 how can i close all windows . what is weird is that in task manager , when i close them all through there, if i restart my pc, at restart the numbers in task manager reappear 9 and 18 as on the picture what is the cause of that ?
what do all those number mean?
how to get rid of them

plz if you can answer all questions cause yes i do want do resolve the situation but i also want to understand what is happenning

thx

View: https://imgur.com/VpI0fq4

Solution
there is nothing to do. like I said before. it is the new secure way to start a new process for everything. so don't worry about the #
D

Deleted member 14196

Yes that is what he meant. If you look at the browsers TaskManager inside the browser itself it will show you all the things that it’s doing. Those are not necessarily tabs that you were saying they are threads and each browser opens many of them every time it runs. Open chrome and look at the chrome task manager and post back what you see and that should explain what’s going on to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.