Sep 7, 2023
Hello, I have a problem with an ASUS RTX 3060 Dual that i've bought about 2 weeks ago brand new. It has been exhibiting weird TDR_FAILURE problems when doing barely anything with it. (Browsing the web, programming, listening to music). I have never overclocked it at all.
Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)

Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffd8014246e460, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff801997a83e0, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

What's weird is that putting any load on it doesn't exhibit the bsod problems. I've tried stress testing w/ unigine heaven, and playing demanding games, but it works fine on hours on end.
I've tried troubleshooting steps such as: reseating PCIe slot and power connectors, reinstall drivers with DDU, disable windows automatic driver updates to no avail. I was using 537.13 during all of this, and atm I'm on 531.18. My only options that I have left before RMA'ing is to re-install windows. This has been causing me distress for the past 2 weeks due to how new this card is, and how bizarre the circumstances this problem occurs. Researching online yields results that indicate this problem being caused by OC'ing, Overheating, or too much load. Which is quite opposite to how it happens on my end. I can't even tell anymore if it's the GPU, or some obscure corruption on my windows install.

Here are my specs:
Windows 11 Home
i5-9400
16gb ddr4-3200
Super Flower Legion GX PRO 650W
ASUS RTX 3060 Dual V2
Balanced power mode with ASPM off

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have a problem with an ASUS RTX 3060 Dual that i've bought about 2 weeks ago brand new.
What GPU were you workign with prior to the RTX3060?

How old is the PSU in your build?

16gb ddr4-3200
Link to the ram you're working with?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard. Please add that. BIOS version for the motherboard at this moment of time?

Sep 7, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have a problem with an ASUS RTX 3060 Dual that i've bought about 2 weeks ago brand new.
What GPU were you workign with prior to the RTX3060?

How old is the PSU in your build?

16gb ddr4-3200
Link to the ram you're working with?

You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard. Please add that. BIOS version for the motherboard at this moment of time?
I keep getting flagged as spam so here are the answers. This is the link for the ram.