teac dw-224e cdrw not working properly

I have installed ez cd creator and it messed up my computer big time
(blue screen of death). I went to safe mode and uninstalled. I found a
generic cd driver on the net, i can watch dvds and listen to music but
i cannot write to the drive. I would reinstall the OS but i have a win
movie maker project that is important to me not to mention other things
that i need. how can i fix or how can i save my work so i can reinstall.
I have seen posts on this problem through ask.com but nothing helpful.
Its a presario 3000 notebook if that helps any.Help please :(

--
pgubz420

Check that writing to cd is enabled in the properties of the drive.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media