Tech: degausing a Ms. Pacman

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has tried to degauss a monitor that's
positioned awkwardly in a cabinet, like a Ms. Pac or a Galaga. If so,
what was your technique? Since the sides of the cabinet restrict
movement of the degausing coil, did you have to remove the monitor to
degauss it? Thanks in advance for your help.

LEVI wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has tried to degauss a monitor that's
> positioned awkwardly in a cabinet, like a Ms. Pac or a Galaga. If
so,
> what was your technique? Since the sides of the cabinet restrict
> movement of the degausing coil, did you have to remove the monitor to
> degauss it? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Levi,
It does not matter which way the monitor is positioned.
Try to keep it (game) away from big speakers, metal doors, shutters
etc.
Have fun.
Nisan

Yes you can degause a monitor in a cabinet. Start with the coil as
close to the monitor as possible. Turn it on and move the coil in a
curcular motion covering the entier monitor. Move back from the game
still using the circular motion. When you get about 2 to 3 feet
away..turn the coil off. That should do the trick.

J & R

Use a heavy gun shapped couple hundred watt soldering iron. Works well and
can do complete circles.