Tech Support/Extended Warranty

Nikki

I probably already know the answer to this, but just in case....does buying
a 4 year extended warranty entitle one to a better/higger level of tech
support? I rarely need help with the software issues and running the
machine (and find these newsgroups more helpful anyway) but last night,
having to spend 30+ minutes on the phone just to get a replacement monitor,
XP and driver CD was not on my list of fun things to do :( Thank goodness
for speaker phones and cordless phones. The language barrier wasn't too
terribly bad this time...it's been worse. My last Dell was purchased 5
years ago. What a difference 5 years make.
Monica

Nikki wrote:

> I probably already know the answer to this, but just in case....does buying
> a 4 year extended warranty entitle one to a better/higger level of tech
> support? I rarely need help with the software issues and running the
> machine (and find these newsgroups more helpful anyway) but last night,
> having to spend 30+ minutes on the phone just to get a replacement monitor,
> XP and driver CD was not on my list of fun things to do :( Thank goodness
> for speaker phones and cordless phones. The language barrier wasn't too
> terribly bad this time...it's been worse. My last Dell was purchased 5
> years ago. What a difference 5 years make.

Better? No. Longer? Yes.

But, as you said, you already knew that! <g>

Notan

Nikki

Hummmm, I don't know why the subject line reads "Ty". It's showing the
correct title in my sent folder. How strange.
Monica

Nikki wrote:

> Hummmm, I don't know why the subject line reads "Ty". It's showing the
> correct title in my sent folder. How strange.

Huh?

On this end, the Subject Line says, "Tech Support/Extended Warranty."

Notan

Nikki

Even stranger. My original post on this subject (on my screen) shows "Ty"
Monica
strange.