Tech Tom's Relies On: BenQ Zowie 144Hz Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Hey Nathaniel! Thanks for sharing your 144Hz story with us. Has Tomshardware ever run a story on the BenQ Zowie XL2411? I tried to Google for one but couldn't find anything.

Here's a link to the Best Gaming Monitors article: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-monitors,4533.html How do you think the XL2411 compares to other monitors that Tomshardware recommends? If I were in the market for a monitor with these specifications, would you say that this one should be on my short list?

The XL2411 seems to be an inexpensive 144Hz monitor. Was there a price restriction that dictated your purchase? Also, the XL2411 uses a TN panel. Was the panel type a consideration for you when you were looking for monitors? Generally, how is the picture quality of the XL2411 compared to competing monitors? Do you think in the future you would be willing to spend more on an IPS or VA monitor?

While I was double checking to make sure my post wasn't retarded, I saw that I used a lot of question marks. That indicates to me that this news article left me with a lot of thoughts that weren't addressed. Consequently, the content here comes off as anemic and superficial. With a little more detail I could better appreciate what you wrote here.

Brian_R170

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014

My first thought when I saw "Tech Tom's Relies On: ..." was that it's an advertising plug, not technical review.

lperreault21

Notable
Sep 8, 2017

yeah, that is what it seems like

Colin_10

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Regarding that voice in the back of your head that whispers for more screen space. I find that it depends on what games I'm playing at any given time; back when I played Eve online I had no problem running a 3 monitor setup (all 3 at 60hz), but now that I mostly play Overwatch I find that even having 2 monitors kind of a waste of real estate, and considering my desk space is much smaller than it used to be, those 2 extra monitors are waiting boxed in my basement. So now I just go for a higher quality single monitor setup. I guess it really just comes down to, "how well does the game I am currently obsessed with run in windowed mode?" If it tends to crash because the game only works properly in full screen mode; when I have to alt tab out a lot to look at the other screen it is kind of pointless to have more screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.