[SOLVED] Technicolor TG588v v2 default password doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2019
Hello, I have a Technicolor TG588v v2, and I cant login.

I already reseted it to factory and none of the passwords I could find on the internet or on the back label work.

After reseting to factory, I tried:

-all numbers and codes on the back label

- admin, administrator, password, 1234, blank, both blank.

Also tried all caps and low caps of all the mentioned above with the user admin and administrator and blank including caps variations on user as well. Tried other browsers and devices, nothing. I would bruteforce it but the process of getting software to do that is very fishy.

Any ideas besides buying a decent router?

Thank you : )

Solution
Apparently then, you are either not correctly doing the factory reset or the unit is faulty in some way, which might be why they sold it in the first place. I'd suggest that buying a new unit might definitely be a more appropriate recommendation if further attempts to reset and log in are unsuccessful. Yes, that sounds canned, but the facts are the facts.

If you can't use something, when you've tried to take the appropriate measures to do so, then the only logical conclusion is that a thing doesn't work and move on.
1 Browse to

http://192.168.1.1 (this is the default IP address of your TG588v v2) on a computer or device that is currently
connected to your TG588v v2 (either wired or wirelessly).

2 The TG588v v2 web interface appears. By default, you are logged in as guest. This means that some items may be
hidden. To view all items, click Sign In and enter admin as user name and the ACCESS KEY printed on the product label of your TG588v v2 as password.

Apparently then, you are either not correctly doing the factory reset or the unit is faulty in some way, which might be why they sold it in the first place. I'd suggest that buying a new unit might definitely be a more appropriate recommendation if further attempts to reset and log in are unsuccessful. Yes, that sounds canned, but the facts are the facts.

If you can't use something, when you've tried to take the appropriate measures to do so, then the only logical conclusion is that a thing doesn't work and move on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.