Question Temperature and maximum fan speed of the Asus Tuf Geforce RTX 3070 ti OC

Jul 12, 2024
I have a Asus Tuf Geforce RTX 3070 ti OC.
The maximum temperature of this card at full load in games like Alan Wake 2, Ghost of Tsushima & Senua Saga Hellblade II
reaches 75 degrees Celsius and the fan speed increases up to 95% in automatic mode.

Is this temperature and fan speed normal?
I want to know what the maximum temperature and fan speed of this card should be in standard mode?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/244760/asus-rtx3070ti-8192-210824-1
Vbios info. Max temperature for the core is 90C.
There are 2 other sensors you should check/monitor: gpu hot spot and memory junction, but you need to use either hwinfo or gpu-z to see those.

If you see the hot spot is pushing 100C+ that would be cause for the high fan speed. The solution in that scenario is a repaste on the gpu core.

Reactions: amirpers
Jul 12, 2024
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/244760/asus-rtx3070ti-8192-210824-1
Vbios info. Max temperature for the core is 90C.
There are 2 other sensors you should check/monitor: gpu hot spot and memory junction, but you need to use either hwinfo or gpu-z to see those.

If you see the hot spot is pushing 100C+ that would be cause for the high fan speed. The solution in that scenario is a repaste on the gpu core.
The temperature of the hot spot does not reach 100 degrees and is usually lower than this number.
The high speed of the fan also creates a lot of noise.
My question is, 90% speed normal for a temperature of 75 degrees Celsius?

Jul 12, 2024
If that's the default curve for the card, then yes. Since it's too aggressive for you - gets too loud - then you'll have to use afterburner or similar, and create a fan curve to fit your comfort zone.
I also used Afterburner. When I set the fan speed lower than the automatic mode, for example, instead of 90% speed for a temperature of 75 celsius, I set it to 85%, the temperature in games goes up.
In general, the fan speed is completely dependent on the temperature, and manually adjusting and reducing its speed will increase the temperature.
My case is Lianlee Lancool 3 and it has 3 fans in the front and one fan in the back, and the CPU cooler is DeepCool LS720 installed on the roof of the case.
The temperature of the house is normal and around 25 degrees.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
In general, the fan speed is completely dependent on the temperature
Not necessarily. Flat 'curves'(setting the fan(s) to just run at a constant rpm) contradict that - to a point.

manually adjusting and reducing its speed will increase the temperature.
That's a given. You will need to find your own happy medium between noise and temperature.
All my fan curves are flat. Of course, I didn't need to do it that way, but made that choice anyway.

Reactions: amirpers