Tenda Wireless N Range Extender N300 Help

Tken123

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Hi,

I just purchased a Tenda Range Extender (specific model in title) and am having a rough time setting it up.

The plan is to have it receive a signal from my router wirelessly, connect it to my PC via ethernet cable and boost Wifi signal in my room. The instructions are making no sense to me though.

If anyone could help out that would be great, if needs be, baby me through it, because it's really not going well.

Thanks!

Tken123

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Thanks, but I need a little more depth than the instructions it provides. For example, when connecting my PC to the range extender, does that mean I have to disconnect from my regular internet? Do I go to the Sky configuration site or the Tenda config site? Because I've tried connecting to both, tried going in to my Sky settings to make it functional, but am really left confused lol. As I say, step by step right from the basics would help so much.

itsVance

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014

Different extenders have different software. It might be as confusing to have someone download the manual and read it to you.

I would suggest calling their technical support line for a step by step walk through:

http://www.tenda.cn/uk/service/TechnicalSupport.html

emelieaubertin37

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
my wifi extender also says it's not in range but when I go to my settings it's there but it says it not in range and I am beside the Tenda N300 range extender. what do you guys know what I can do so that I can connect to this wifi extender and finish the steps so that is works successfully? PLEASE HELP:)