Terminally Ill Woman Uses Oculus Rift For One Last Stroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

alithegreat

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
So instead of fighting medicine cartels, improving our way of life thus fighting the cause of cancer, we just want to fix the end result , hook up all old,sick and disabled into VR,keep them happy(!), keep our streets young and healthy....

I really have doubts about this kind of implementations.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
This will be great for those who suffer, or on morphine. i mean those who seek to die a pain less death due to bureaucratic red tape can maybe someday use this.

Or augmented reality where they can move in real world but see their loved ones in happier way,

It sounds controversial and it is, but anythings better to ease the burden, because some people would rather enjoy their life at full strength and then decide when they wish to leave with their loved ones.

Who knows the futures exploding rapidly with odd amounts of funding to company's these days.

Poul Wrist

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2013
So instead of fighting medicine cartels, improving our way of life thus fighting the cause of cancer, we just want to fix the end result , hook up all old,sick and disabled into VR,keep them happy(!), keep our streets young and healthy....

Yea, because that's what the article said. Clown.

alithegreat

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013

Yea, because that's what the article said. Clown.

I know what artice said. For the last few weeks or months its all happy news about Oculus VR anyway.

I wanted to express my feelings about it. Some people may always start thinking the good outcome, some not. I am concerned that this kind of treatment could go unchecked where people lock their grandparents into some VR clinics and not care about them.

There are already people "raising" children by leaving them in front of TV;PC nearly all day long. It is a common mistreatment in my country.

Call it highly-unlikely, anti-utopia maybe, but that was what i thought.
I don't like being called "clown" by the way.

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Yeah the last thing I want to see is the inside of some damn technological machine to remind me all the hard work I've put into society is going down the drain. When I'm on my death bed last thing I'm going to be thinking about is some video gaming device that will show me what I'm glad to be leaving behind. A world full of people who would rather sit on their ass an stair into a screen than to go out into nature an explore the world that has been given to us.

SonSon1

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
"The story here is that the Oculus Rift will make a huge impact on our lives, whether we're gamers or not."

Yeah, right, and we also should be happy they sold out to FB, right? right?

Status
Not open for further replies.