Question tests in hdd

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
1) Does any software test show whether the HDD is new or used and whether the firmware/bios has been changed by someone?

2) What software test on HDD is good to identify whether it is in good condition?

You didn't specify any OS. However if the computer in question doesn't have a working OS then there is still possible to check status of the storage devices that is connected inside. In general, this is my suggestion in that situation:

Linux Live iso - an Iso image that is bootable into a working desktop environoment, but without installing (that is optional).
  • Most Linux images have this app called Gnome Disks, most often just referred to as "Disks" in the menus. You will find this application in Linux Mint, Fedora, Ubuntu - as an example.
  • However in MX Linux, you will find the tool gsmartcontrol that have better capabilities if you want to copy/paste text to an online forum.
Years ago, I also tend to use the UBC <link> for various tasks, but the project isn't being updated since 2020 so I don't know how useful this is on most modern computer hardware.