Status
Not open for further replies.

beeko

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018
Hello

I just reinstalled windows 7 on my PC and noticed that after the install all text / fonts look really bad in browser and everywhere. It's like there is a weird aura surrounding the text and if I zoom 125% in chrome it looks okay but something is not correct. It used to look normal and I think I've had this problem before but I can't remember what I did. I have 1080p supporting TV and it's native res is 1920 x 1080 which I'm using right now. I have turned all overscan/scaling options to off in Nvidia control panel, tried multiple resolutions, I tried Cleartype app, I tried screen refresh rate between 50 and 60 but that didn't help. DPI scaling is set to 100% like it should be. I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers 442.19. What could be causing this?

IMG: View: https://imgur.com/a/svogRrN

specs:

Mobo: gigabyte ga-h77m-d3h
Memory: adata 8gb + kingston 8gb 1333mhz
PSU: corsair tx 550m
GPU: nvidia geforce 1060 gaming x 6gb
SSD: samsung 760 evo + HDD seagate barracuda 2tb

Last edited:
Solution
It's happening in windows/everywhere but the browser... I tried to mess around with cleartype and I think I got it fixed

beeko

Commendable
Oct 28, 2018
I don't know what I did but my browser looks ok now but the text/font in windows looks pretty bad.. It's like there is a white shadow under the text and it is just hard to read and hurts my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.