Thank you....

wykus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
i just want to thank every body for their inputs and advice that you have given me for my build up! i am playing every game on full specs with a smile!
my system is as follow:

700w psu
intel 3.0 deo core E8400
asus x48 m/b
4gig muskin ram DDR2
500gig HD
512mb Ati radion 4870 GPU

you guys were realy helpfull!! I have learned a lot!
GOD BLESS.

Solution
Honestly, I have no idea if I personally deserve the thanks here or not :) But I do appreciate the gesture.

You can add a second HD 4870 later, if newer and more demanding games wipe that smile off your face. Your PSU and MB are perfect for that.
Honestly, I have no idea if I personally deserve the thanks here or not :) But I do appreciate the gesture.

You can add a second HD 4870 later, if newer and more demanding games wipe that smile off your face. Your PSU and MB are perfect for that.

Solution

wykus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
the forum have asked me to pick the best answer butt that is not easy!!! all of you have helped me alot! thanks again!! but now i have a new problem... i have a audio voice problem on assassins creed. i dont know if the problem is me, the game or the soundcard...

i have posted a thread on new system builds to see if any one can help me with this problem.

Do you have any other games? Do they have an audio problem too? If they work fine, the problem is not you, and most likely not the sound card either.

You could try reinstalling the game and/or the sound card drivers, just in case some file is corrupt.

wykus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
i have re installed the game butt still the problem occurs. i maybe think it is the game... :( there in no problem with the other games like, grid, need for speed , call of duty etc.

I'm 99% sure it's the game. The card is obviously installed and connected properly, since it works in CoD, so you didn't mess up.

Also, since it works in several other games, it's highly unlikely that there's a driver issue. That is, it's possible that there's a certain piece of code in the sound card drivers that has a bug and is only used by Assassin's Creed, but it's not probable.

Actually, that's good news, I guess. Just live with it until you're sick of that game, and then it will be fine. They might even patch it, especially if you tell them about the bug. I hear Assassin's Creed is a port from console code, and lots of people are unhappy about it. That might explain it...

wykus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
thanks for your help and input! last night when i connected to the internet and open the game, a auto patch auto installed itself but still the audio problem excists... maybe if i copy the game and find a patch it will work.

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Also check your audio settings within the game. Make sure they are pointing at the correct hardware. Is this onboard sound or a dedicated sound card? Did you install any software that came with the sound card? If you have onboard sound and a sound card installed this could be causing the problem.

wykus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
it is onboard sound. yes i have installed the drivers and re installed the drivers. i have installed the game on my old pc and there was nothing wrong with the audio... so now i know it is something to do with my new pc sound. i think assassins creed does not detect the voice audio.

wykus

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
wow!!!!! yes yes yes!!!! i solved my problem! i have done a lot of recearch and it finally payed off!!! here is the link if you want to check.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/7401052056

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/7401052056/p/2

If using Realtek High Definition Audio, Soundmax HD Audio, or nForce Audio, you
may experience sound anomalies. To work around the problem, reduce the Hardware
acceleration slider to 'Basic' in the Windows Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio
Devices -> Audio tab -> Advanced -> Performance tab."

So apparently the game does have problems with different sound cards. But this is for XP users, Vista doesn't use hardeware acceleration.

UpDATE The Voices are working now. I did the following like it says above, I set both sliders to the middle setting, Basic for the first one and the other slider under it was in the center. Sound works. I will let you know If I like this game later.

it seams to me that assassins creed is a big problem. i hope the next episode have less problems.