[SOLVED] That specs should I be looking for, for a graphics card in my computer to watch YouTube TV on my 4K TV.

Apr 19, 2020
That specs should I be looking for, for a graphics card in my computer to watch YouTube TV on my 4K TV.

Solution
Most important to know the connection options on your TV so that it can connect to the graphics card.
Most tv's will have a hdmi connection.
Most any discrete graphics card with a hdmi connection is going to work.
But, that will be running at 30hz normally.
To run at 60hz, you need I think hdmi 2.0 capable tv, graphics card, and cable. There are other considerations running hdmi such as color .
The make/model of the tv would be helpful.
If the monitor has displayport, that is the way to go.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
That specs should I be looking for, for a graphics card in my computer to watch YouTube TV on my 4K TV.

Hi @Rahnman

Welcome to the Forums!

• Whats your budget?
  • Whats the rest of your PC's specs? Especially your PSU.
  • Are you going to game or just watch TV?

Pretty much any GPU over the past decade+ will let you watch Youtube on a 4K TV. I take it your TV has HDMI & DP? You'll want to conenct via your DP (Display Port) on your TV & via your GPU, which most, if not all newer GPU's come with at least one of.

More info please and again welcome! :)

Most important to know the connection options on your TV so that it can connect to the graphics card.
Most tv's will have a hdmi connection.
Most any discrete graphics card with a hdmi connection is going to work.
But, that will be running at 30hz normally.
To run at 60hz, you need I think hdmi 2.0 capable tv, graphics card, and cable. There are other considerations running hdmi such as color .
The make/model of the tv would be helpful.
If the monitor has displayport, that is the way to go.

Solution