The AMD train just keeps on rolling!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No you didn't. That is not what you meant. You are not too inteligent, so the first thing that came to your mind when you heard Hammer may integrate chipset features onto the processer was it sucked. The only reason you said that was because you needed something bad to say about AMD for whatever reason. Man, either something is seriously hindering your thought process, or you are just really dumb and only visit this forum to try and convince your pathetic self that you are a little less dim, incompetant, thich-headed, brainless, and obtuse than you actually are... You need to search inside yourself and find out what's causing you to be the way you are, and until you do, I'll continue to laugh to myself because you try so hard, yet fail so miserably. Get a life, loser.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

G

Sorry if you've take it personnaly, that was not my intention. So anyway tink i'll do a subject abouth that(AMD/INTEL)

Hey, have a nice day

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All I'm saying is that designers have the ability to make integrated video better than a 4x AGP card can provide. The fact is that until recently they haven't. But the X-Box proves that they CAN. It may just be that nVidia will release a chipset in the near future that has the GF3 core and performs like the X-Box. As things are, they are producing a chipset with integrated MX graphics that should surpass the perfromance level of the MX AGP cards. You see, one bottleneck in 3D performance is the AGP port-66x64, as opposed to the graphics core 200x128! Give or take on the clock speed depending on GPU version 200 seems close enough. The 4x technology really doesn't even really provide 4x! So until we get a better graphics port, nVidia can exploit the wider path available to integrated graphics, should they choose to do so.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I didn't think you meant anything by it, but "coming from you" generally infers a statement that contradicts a person's usual stance.
s'cool

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yep, like I said, we all know how poorly the 810, 815, and server boards perform.
especially those with AGP slots for upgrades, I mean those magic integrated boards manage to make the PCI and AGP buses soooo damn slow...
idiot.

----------------------
It won't hurt for long.

G

Actually I never knew anything about the hammer having integrated anything up till now. And all I meant was that integrated boards do suck that's my opinion and I am exercising my right to express my opinions. You are far too defensive of a company that makes chips to make money not to please you. Like take a chill pill or something man. Later monkey men.

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
And all I meant was that integrated boards do suck
I find that hard to believe, seeing as you replied to a post concerning the Hammer's integrated features, not the Crush's integrated features.

that's my opinion and I am exercising my right to express my opinions.
Yes, yes, you have an opinion. We have opinions as well. The general opinion on these forums is that you're an idiot, and we have a right to that opinion as well. Are you sure you want to keep giving people reason to form such an opinion? You're not doing yourself or your cause any good.

You are far too defensive of a company that makes chips to make money not to please you.
Pot, kettle. 'Nuff said.

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes, yes, you have an opinion. We have opinions as well. The general opinion on these forums is that you're an idiot, and we have a right to that opinion as well. Are you sure you want to keep giving people reason to form such an opinion? You're not doing yourself or your cause any good.
bwaaahaahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaaha...
ahahahahahaahahaahahahaa.
ha.
heh...
hahaahahahaa
ok, I'm ok now...
*snicker*

----------------------
It won't hurt for long.

G

Wow someone needs to get laid. I damn serious all I was talking about was integrated boards suck that's it. Man I being sincere here. Oh well Monkey's have yet to developed emotion and comprehension.

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

G

since when do you like AMD?

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
and as I've said about 4 times in this thread, guess you think the 815 sucks, right?
Kelliden doesn't need to get laid(ok, so maybe he does, I don't know) you just need to either shut up or give your opinion with some more explaination. we all know you think integrated sucks.
go ahead, tell me a chipset that outperforms the highly INTEGRATED i815.

----------------------
It won't hurt for long.

G

Ugh! Please, try not to get personal. I also disagree with SpudMuffin, but let's try being civil, OK? If you disagree, refute the argument, not the person behind it.

Leo

G

Eh im used to it. Its no biggy.

SPUDMUFFIN

G

http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/cpus/intel/p417/

"Take a Pentium4 1.7GHz CPU and an AMD TBird 1.33, add a dash of OC, and take a look at the results."

Pretty strange that 400 Mhz difference in a P4 isn't as good as 200 Mhz difference in Athlon? Something doesn't make sense!