Question The Chromebook restarts after connecting the external drive.

Oct 7, 2024
I have an Asus Chromebook flip C214MA, (15volts - 3A - 45watts ), I have been trying to migrate my data from this Chromebook onto other external hard drives (WD black HD, EVM SSD), whenever I connect them using a hard drive enclosure the Chromebook doesn't detect them but instead restarts. I can hear the WD black HD spinning but the Chromebook just restarts. I remain connected to a power outlet all the time. I tried a brand new SSD that I just got today yet the Chromebook gets in a restart loop. If I don't connect any external drive the Chromebook works normally. I guess it couldn't handle the power requirements of the external drive, need suggestions. I will try connecting these drives to someone else's desktop later to check them.
Please give suggestions to sort out this problem cause the inbuilt memory is so low 32GB plus not being able to use an external SSD just makes the Chromebook redundant.

Oct 7, 2024
Use microSD card.
Or use external HDD/SSD with separate power.
I have a microsd card, but I need to move files between my Chromebook and my institute PC where I'm learning graphic design. Is there any special adapter/ cable kit available for your solution?

USB SDcard reader, to read micro SDcard on PC.

6155TeibrLL.jpg

TRENDING THREADS