Question The computer does not work after I connected the fan incorrectly

Jun 10, 2023
I wanted better cooling for my PC, but due to my ignorance, I connected the fan to the JME 1 port and then turned on the computer, but after that it squeaked and does not work anymore. Motherboard Kllisre x99 b5

Richj444

Prominent
May 25, 2022
I wanted better cooling for my PC, but due to my ignorance, I connected the fan to the JME 1 port and then turned on the computer, but after that it squeaked and does not work anymore. Motherboard Kllisre x99 b5
I have no idea what a JME 1 port is for. Have you plugged the fan into the cpu fan header? Does it work there? Maybe the fan is dead, maybe the board won't boot without the cpu header detecting a fan. Or maybe you shorted something out when you plugged it into the JME header and the motherboard's dead? Anything's possible without knowing more about the situation. When you say "it squeaked and does not work anymore", can you describe exactly the symptoms? Does anything happen when you power up? Totally dead?

In addition, you should list all your system specs, the cpu, the cooler you used, ram, power supply, etc.