"The Drive Where Windows Is Installed Is Locked" Error And Pc Keeps Booting Into BIOS

cjoe

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018
Hey there. First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this. I have a pc that keeps booting into BIOS, there is no option on boot drive priority list, though it can see if I insert a USB. Pc has win 8.1 installed on it and USB have win 8.1 installer. Same happens when I try to setup win from USB, it can't detect any drives where I have to choose one to install windows on. I tried to detect it manually using diskpart through cmd to no avail. When I try to refresh it gives the error in title, and when I try to reset it says the drive is missing. I would like to know if there is anything I can do from here, otherwise I have no other option than showing it to a technician, though I don't want to do that unless it's my last resort(because I don't know anyone reliable, it'll be just some repair store close to my home). Any help is appreciated. Thanks for bearing with me :)
sorry if selected category for question is wrong, I tried to choose the closest one

cjoe

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018
Well, even though knowing the problem means it's half solved already, that doesn't mean much to me unfortunately since I don't know about the access code you mentioned. Nevertheless, thanks for the answer and forgive my ignorance. :ange: