The Elder Scrolls Online Review: Epic Adventure Or Epic Fail?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianime

Distinguished
May 29, 2013
That's a bit sad. I've spent probably 600+ hours between Oblivion and Skyrim (which I bought day 1 btw). Such an immersive experience (before you completely learn the system and become a god).

When I saw talk of ESO, I thought.."Wait, what? There is no way to make an Oblivion or Skyrim-esque game into a multiplayer without either ruining the gameplay, or making it ridiculously easy." With that thought, I chalked it up as a stupid idea and haven't looked back into it until reading your review. Looks like I was right!

The only way a multiplayer experience would be fun on an ES game (IMO) would be to make a dark/demon's souls type experience. Either join or invade other worlds. But even with that, you would have to make it so joining other worlds didn't kill the battle difficulty.

lion9887

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014
Please understand i say this to all the programmers that have tried so hard to make the MMO work. "SKYRIM"!!!!!

What was Bethseda thinking, if it works then... One person said it best, lets go on back to Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind.

Status
Not open for further replies.