[SOLVED] The EVGA PowerLink

RustyRagdoll

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2015
Greetings everyone,
i wanted to ask anyone who has an EVGA PowerLink on their GPU to help me get this straight... in their website (EVGA), it claims to somewhat stabilize current going into the GPU, but is it really worth those 25€/25USD for that or is it just to make it appealing as a marketing ploy?

Thanks in advance everyone, stay safe!

Solution
...it claims to somewhat stabilize current going into the GPU...
maybe versus a cheaper power supply's PCIe power cables but not versus a better series power supply.

it can help prevent sagging or drooping of your GPU in it's socket. sometimes the 8/6pin cables can drag down on your GPU. the Power Link moves the cables to adjacent side where your GPU can be more stabilized.
the really nice thing about the Power Link seems to be more of an aesthetic nature, how it helps with cable routing and can allow better views of your GPU's LEDs, logos, etc.
...it claims to somewhat stabilize current going into the GPU...
maybe versus a cheaper power supply's PCIe power cables but not versus a better series power supply.

it can help prevent sagging or drooping of your GPU in it's socket. sometimes the 8/6pin cables can drag down on your GPU. the Power Link moves the cables to adjacent side where your GPU can be more stabilized.
the really nice thing about the Power Link seems to be more of an aesthetic nature, how it helps with cable routing and can allow better views of your GPU's LEDs, logos, etc.

Solution

RustyRagdoll

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2015

Oh, so it's more for those who have worse PSU's... and for cable management.
Alright, that's all i needed to know.
I was wondering if it was worth the price just for the current stabilization but since my PSU's certified i guess that won't be a big enough issue. And cable management isn't concerning at the moment for me.
I appreciate the help!