The Intel Z68 Express Review: A Real Enthusiast Chipset

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bit-tech

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]bs27975[/nom]Unbelievable.I hope you feel empowered by feeling like you're part of an elite sect of 'enthusiasts.[/citation]

Are you jealous?

[citation][nom]bs27975[/nom]Get a life.[/citation]

I have been building high end computer workstations since high school (even xeons)XD. If Intel doesn't release 2011 soon enough... I might just have to get a life! lol

bit-tech

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]Crashman[/nom]Now, if you're already in THAT position, it would be a good time to wait. But for most users, performance is gauged in gaming and common encoding applications that use four or fewer cores.[/citation]
Agreed and I do recommend LGA1155 for most gamers who do not own a 1156 or 1366 already. But don't most 'enthusiasts' already have a 1366 based i7 or xeon system?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]bit-tech[/nom]Agreed and I do recommend LGA1155 for most gamers who do not own a 1156 or 1366 already. But don't most 'enthusiasts' already have a 1366 based i7 or xeon system?[/citation]Not the ones who held out for the next big thing :)

bit-tech

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]Crashman[/nom]Not the ones who held out for the next big thing[/citation]
LOL! In that case may be they can hold out just a little while longer for the real big thing (LGA2011)... Hard to imagine an enthusiast making a direct leap from 775 to 2011 but what a leap! lol

Blues_wolf

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
I just wanna know if the motherboard has to have a video output connection.
I mean, can I connect the monitor to the discrete card and still use the Intel i7 GPU with the Logix virtua?
I'm asking this cause there're many z68 motherboards without a video output connector.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS