Question The iommu fault reporting has been initialized.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadz_Mas

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
Yesterday while playing valorant i pressed windows button and opened twitch on chrome and the stream got stuck and nothing except my mouse was working and same happed today my pc screen went back i was able to hear background sound but my screen went black until i have to hold power button for 10 sec.Both days i check and the error code i got was 'The iommu fault reporting has been initialized.'I dont actually what it means please help please

Sadz_Mas

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
It happened just now at windows startup everything froze but i was able to use mouse and when i hard restart my pc i hear some beep sound from my headphones everything i use is new no old devices connected can windows 11 updates cause these freezes i had uploaded my current updates installed

Colif

Win 11 Master
try with one stick of ram. Just humor me... I just want to confirm the freeze still happens regardless of ram
even though it passes memtest, the 2 different sticks could be cause. I know its worked fine for 3 months, I just want to remove them from list.

I can find how to set up boot logs but i don't know if it will help - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-boot-log-windows-10 (it should work same for 11)
logs just show drivers loaded.
So is it happened more or its difficult to say.
I assume no problem devices showing in device manager

D

Deleted member 2924924

having this exact problem right here. screen seems to be freezing but apparently my PC still works. i have to hard reset this thing and cant move on with my life since i cant find no fix. glad to see someone kind of relate with them EXACT problems i have. (BTW have you guys found a fix yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.