[SOLVED] The iops speeds seem a little low?

Dewayne25

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2014
The problem is that 4K performance depends on the QD parameter, and the Magician tool doesn't appear to show what QD value they used (or I can't see where it says what QD value was used)

Also you're testing the OS drive. The OS isn't going to pause accessing a drive because there's a benchmark going on and it'll impact the results. In order to properly test storage, it must not be in used by anything except for the benchmarking tool.

Reactions: Dewayne25

Dewayne25

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2014
The problem is that 4K performance depends on the QD parameter, and the Magician tool doesn't appear to show what QD value they used (or I can't see where it says what QD value was used)

Also you're testing the OS drive. The OS isn't going to pause accessing a drive because there's a benchmark going on and it'll impact the results. In order to properly test storage, it must not be in used by anything except for the benchmarking tool.
So im guessing its probably fine then?

Dewayne25

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2014

i talked to samsung support and they said having th os on the ssd wouldnt impact performance do they know what they are talking about? i really dont wanna send it for them to test unless its really defective