The LCD Projector Project!!!!!!

neemers

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2005
I was not sure where I should post this so I chose the LCD forum because it is related to this.

I don't know if any of you have seen the article "Build Your Own XGA Projector" project they did on this site. I decided I wanted to do this my self and everything is working out great!

Here is the link.....
http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/11/13/supersize_your_tv_for_/

The only issue I was wondering about is the LCD. I had an 17" LCD sitting at work with a dead back light and decided to use it. The only problem is that with projectors is the glass where you put the image your displaying. This glass is only 10x10. That means a good amount of my 17" LCD is not being utilized and I have to adjust every window to fit in the display area. I don't have a 15" LCD sitting around so I'm stuck with this for now.

What I was wondering is there a way to adjust the LCD to fit the 10x10. Ever time I try to adjust the screen size with my ATI software the damn monitor does a Auto fit and reshapes the display to fit full screen. I can not get the damn thing to not fit the entire screen. This is not a huge problem, but I want to see if anyone had any ideas/software that could help. Any ideas or info would be great!

Thanks!

P.S. Though I love the image quality I get from my 17" LCD and the higher resolutions. :p

Anchoku

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2005
All I can think of is to see if your monitor controls let you turn off the scaling feature. Scaling is inside the monitor, not your PC.