The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 158 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
You are going to love the nzxt h440. Nzxt in my opinion makes the best cases next to Corsair, Coolermaster and and Lian Li (with caselabs being in a whole other league). Make sure to update us with pictures when it is here

-on a side note, Nzxt shipped my replacement panel and motherboard screws today. Should be here tomorrow. Shipping from a city in California called "Industry". Hmm never knew that existed lol, only 222 population..?

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
+tinyvoices

How much are you thinking of selling it for? instead of buying a new psu, would you take a 25$ amex giftcard and a 50$ paypal card lol?
Also, noticing a performance difference from the phoenom chip?

Yeah, HUGE difference. I'm not trying to get gift cards. I'll take straight paypal for it though.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Ummm, I am not registered for paypal. Could I like buy a giftcard, redeem it to my account and then pay you. And just to let you know, it is not final I am getting this, may get a psu, sorry but just want to keep it real.

I have a MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming board that I'm willing to sell. I will include the Windows license that is bound to it, I believe on a 120GB G.Skill SSD (which also has all the mobo drivers on it, updated at least once since initial installation). Let me know if you're interested.
It is a really sweet board, but I just don't have a use for it.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
@Onus
HOW MUCH.

@ PcBuilder
Its City of Industry. It's really just a ton of warehouses. Newegg's warehouse(one of them) is there, along with some other major companies. It's basically why I get 2 day shipping when I pay for free shipping, they just say, hey, this guys close to us, and send it out. Lol.

PM an offer. It is lightly used; I got it for a review. If my case had been ATX (rather than micro-ATX), I probably would have switched Phoenix to use it; it's a very nice board.
You'll be getting the board, and the SSD with the Windows 7 license on it. If you want it, I'll throw in the Hyper212 Plus I had on it, since the backplate is still on the board.

g-unit1111

Titan

That kind of sucks actually, they had a good product there. You could probably get one off eBay if that's the case you really want (like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NZXT-SWITCH-810-Black-Full-Tower-Gaming-Computer-w-Light-Kit-/171355198586?pt=US_Computer_Cases&hash=item27e590d47a ).

If you don't mind not having optical drives get the H440 - I'm loving this case, it's amazing. I eventually plan to get a Samsung 850 Pro and a liquid cooler since the H440 is made for it, though I'm laughing at this "top critical review" of the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme from Newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106220 ) :

"Pros:

Great for my AMD A-10 works amazing.
Cons:

Do not for the love of everything you hold dear buy this for a 1150, just don't
Other Thoughts:

Giving it 3 stars for it does work for AMD builds and does a really good job. And the software they give you meh and not downloadable off their site as far as I could tell. No software either for Linux based OS.
"

When the top favorable review was running it on... socket LGA 1150. :lol:

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Finally, after 2 weeks exactly, my front panel is coming tommrow... Does anybody here use xfinity? If so how is it? Stable? Fast? I am planning on the 25mbps, over 12x faster than my at&t uverse. My uverse wasn't working since 8 in the morning, so really sick of this crap.

I was using XFinity until recently, but dropped it to the minimum needed to keep an email address (until I can change it) due to new data caps. It is otherwise fast, and in the last two years, reliable.

I have located the I/O plate for the MSI mobo...

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
+onus

About the data caps, isnt 300gb enough? I stream quite a bit of video, download games occasinally and web browse, lol, on my phone plan, me and 4 other smartphone users get by with 10gb of data, so 300 for the 5 of us should be plenty (I will use like 90% anyway, other people only stream facebook and youtube and occasionally videos)

any ways, I just gehtto rigged my old dell inspiron 530 back to life. When I get my standoffs, I will be moving it to my rosewill ranger m, and when I get a new psu, cx430 will go in here, and this will be my spare parts build. At the moment the specs

XfPG1qs.jpg

I just rebuilt my old dell pc and added a 320gb 2.5" hard drive and surprisingly it works! Planning on turning it into a nas, lol. Missing both side panels, but my motherboards standoffs are coming from nzxt tomorrow (free from rma), and will probably move it to my other old case.

Core 2 duo e4400
foxconn g33something lol
6gb ddr2 (had 2 of these pc's, one had fried psu, moved over the ram)
dell inspiron 530 case
320gb hdd

What do I need to turn it into a nas? And how do I move my windows 7 installer onto a usb, don't have a spare optical drive, in my main rig. I will wire it with ethernet and hide it behind my desk lol

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
The machine is from 2007 hahaha.... Just wanna make a nas.

And sorry lol, asked but no idea except that it is from ikea. Really nice 3 piece desk, though
SdYZmzn.jpg

Anyways, what do I need to make it a nas?

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Update, sorry lol from home organizers in California, not ikea, lol. Also, is linux hard to install, free, and are there like online tutorials or something for setting up a nas. Also, can I do it on windows 7? I heard freenas is good

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

linux is easier to install than windows unless you select to install using console. Just look it up bro.

TRENDING THREADS