The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 212 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
People like that don't go far...and the people using them don't get farther either. Using the grey matter would prove better in the real world instead of relying on cheating to get past the semester :)

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
I've heard of that before... I guess it varies from high schools, but I think your spot on that no universities can use Nspires. Kind of a shame since with the Nspire it's plug-n-play lol.

My current high school math class has a set of TI Nspires for class use, and up till my precal class there would be sections of the test where you can or can not use a calculator.

My calculus class has let us use our own calculators for the first quiz we took since it was just a review of precal, but after that we couldn't use them on the first test. I'm guessing we can't use calculators on any quizzes or test from now on, but I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

In my Chem class we have a set of Ti 84s we use, but all the programs are deleted from it to prevent cheating.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Sounds like fun. I'm planning on majoring in mechanical engineering next year at A&M or maybe CSM if they accept me.

Not with my current setup. I only use Geo-spatial and data-basing programs currently. Things like ESRI suite (arcGIS).

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Lol I am using a school's TI-83+, and made my own programs, but not school stuffs. I made the Matrix "Wake Up Neo" Thing and am putting a game on it BY HAND, since we don't get a cord...
@Daniel
Wait for Windows 9.. I just saw a leak on the verge, and the start menu is back...

The otterbox is on sale for 30 bucks(tax + shipping included) in stead pf 65... 50% off Also, my little brother might use the phone...

g-unit1111

Titan

I'd seriously love to get one of those for my HTPC but $300 is not exactly what I would call "cheap". :lol:

I got my green fans yesterday and hooked into my Dark Knight - I guess I should now call it "The Hulk". :lol:

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

The mini graphics card pcbuilder posted was the most expensive version of this card I've seen. The cheapest one I can currently find is the XFX model for $230, and the R9 285 was aimed as a GTX 760 killer. Granted the cheap models are the full sized units.

It does offer a few new features missing from the 280 such as true audio, XDMA for crossfire ( slightly better performance, but no need for ugly CF bridges), and a new GCN "1.2".

So it's a step up from the R9 280 feature wise, but not really price or performance wise.

I don't really see the market for this card either, most people would either spend $20 more and get a R9 280x or just spend $20 less and get a R9 280 or GTX 760.