The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 250 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

4ghz on what chip? That is either nothing at all or a BIG overclock.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

i5 4670k

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Would you guys say a 660ti would be a good or a bad upgrade. I am selling my spare parts of to a friend and if I put the 7770 in there will probably gonna get more. I'll install windows 7 and test with the 7770 tonight or tommrow

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

It's a good upgrade, you'll see more performance.

g-unit1111

Titan

Still too rich for my blood, I'm sure there's gamers out there with the money to buy such an expensive GPU.

Now after doing some reading I've got the itch to want to build a Steambox (based around the Silverstone RVZ-01B) but I am going to need to save some money first.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Ironically enough I ended up getting banned because of that thread...

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

The 660ti is definitely a good upgrade compared to what you have now. $130 isn't bad at all.

You might want to check your local cl before you buy from amazon. I have seen some really nice deals on mine such as a GTX 680 going for $75. That was more of a rare occurrence, but there are plenty of 7950s listed around $120, at least in my area.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
sure... reputable... how much torture has yours been through?

Me thinks Windows 10 is better than 8... and that Linux beats all.

List of Virtual Machines
-Windows XP
2x Windows 8.1
Ubuntu
Debian
SteamOS
Linux Mint
Kali Linux
Elementary OS
FreeNAS
Windows 10
Damn small linux

Total:12

I NEED MORE

It was a joke Tiny, I know you are a good seller

Rammy

Honorable
@ Tiny Voices

Been following that ITX build log thread from the start but haven't really had much to offer - there's been a lot of contributions from people of widely varying degrees of stupidity and nobody needed this idiot offering his opinions :)
It beggars belief that people who comment on so many Tomshardware threads don't get the very basic stuff.

Rather than go off-topic there - I love Group B rally cars, and racing from that era in general. It's an era which gets a certain level of credit for power/danger but it was far more important than that - it did a huge amount for car technology and one of my favourite "quirks" of the era was that a woman won multiple WRC races in the early 80s, narrowly missing out on being the drivers champion. It's sad that if anything motor sport has gone backwards from that since.
WRC in general is a discipline which really should get more respect/coverage. I don't know how much airtime it gets in the US (I'd imagine not a lot) but even in Europe it's not fantastic (in the UK it's been bounced around every main channel in the last decade). The drivers are still arguably the most complete and versatile drivers in the world. I'm a massive F1 fan (though didn't get to go to any races this year) but seeing Colin McRae drive a WRC car through a forest is utterly amazing.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
My kindle fire hd in the closet is rooted with cyanogen mod 10.1, overclocked, and really smooth. I have an Ipad now for school so don't really use it much

Anyways, made this. Good mount for a m-atx motherboard. Running a dead foxconn right now, but who know what it could be used for in the future. Used some scrap wood at school and cut a 244x244mm (9.6 in by 9.6 in) and here ya go.

XzUdWM3.jpg

HZSONol.jpg

nm1Pv0R.jpg

This could actually hold a full pc if I cut out one for a power supply or something. After I finish my hw, I'm gonna actually make this a functioning pc :0 be back soon

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Yep. Dude check this out! This is amazing PRAISE CYANOGEN!

With this link : get.cm

You literally click download on your rooted phone, install the app, turn on usb debugging, change file sharing from media device to camera

move to the pc

go to the link download the desktop app, plug it in click next, and WELLAH it download and installs the latest cyanogenmod.

giphy.gif

After struggling for almost half an hour, I clicked like 3 buttons and it installed 4.4.2 and gaaps!!!!!!! HOLY BALLS

Also, I miss daylight savings, it's 5:50pm and nearly pitch black.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Also, why can't you root the sucker? Literally just download and install twrp recovery and then cyanogen and install. Just enable usb debugging and thats pretty much it.

Can't wait for the weekend again. Got a new back and screen for the s3. Gonna wait till Friday or Saturday to install so I have enough time. Wish me the best of luck! I really love this phone. Now overclocked and with some mods like light flow to change to led color's of the notifications. I really missed this customization. Nice bigger screen size too w/ same resolution and similar specs too! Only thing I currently don't like is obviously the broken screen, but more importantly the ergonomics. The s3 is WAY harder to hold.