The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 274 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
That NSX teaser is really nice! It makes me want one too, but being i'm 19 and almost 20 in 1 month, insurance will kill me + the price of the car.

But damn, what a hard day. My brother left for a vacation, and left me in charge of the CNC company. Customers calling, and emailing me all day about quotes, and answering questions is pretty demanding.

I thought they stopped making the lancer evo, it's the only decent car that Mitsubishi has + Their CNC machines :3

g-unit1111

Titan

Do I want the car? Yes. Will I ever be able to afford it, and what I'm sure would be insanely high insurance rates that come with owning a car of that caliber? No. :lol:

On another note - the White Knight - she lives! Just got it back from Micro Center and everything works great. Swapped the Gigabyte motherboard I had for an MSI Z97A-G45 and everything is great now.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

Yeah... I changed my mind haha. It'll be around 200$ from Amazon (Shipping + taxes)

The Define R4 has enough airflow in my opinion, but I guess I was getting bored with it lol. I put 2 140mm fans in the front, and removed the mod-vents on the top as well.

g-unit1111

Titan

Do NOT go in there! :lol:

Was thinking about getting the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, to replace my define R4. I think I'm targeting airflow this time for cases lol....

That's a sweet case if I may say so, if I didn't already have the H440 I'd heavily consider getting one.

We need a new website: Tomscars :p

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
How does the incline change the sounds Tiny? My previous post did not go through. The video sounds nothing like our car. That is a whine, and our's sounds like grinding gears.

Might ask for a Raspberry Pi, but I want justification for asking for one. Can't think of GOOD uses.

Littlesackninja

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
I just *completed* my build, Bloodslide, been working on upgrading it for the past 5 months and now i have finally completed (almost) it, (Gpu block gets here on Christmas), Thanks to all you Toms Hardware folks who have helped make this possible, would not of done it without you!
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/P8XH99

Edit: Html spoiler didnt work :( deleted it.

g-unit1111

Titan

Sweet. Post some pictures when you get it completed.

I know one thing I'm getting for Christmas is a Noctua D14, I've had enough problems with the Kraken and I decided I'm going to RMA it and use it on a different machine when I get the new one. I also told my parents I want a GTX 970, hopefully I'll get it or at least get money toward it.

Littlesackninja

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
@g-unit1111 Why not the D15, or does the D14 cool the same, i havent seen any comparisons, but they appear to be the sameish size so i would assume they cool the same.
Also join the dark side of custom loops!

g-unit1111

Titan

D14 was cheaper than the D15 and there really isn't much difference except that the D15 has 2 x 140mm fans where the D14 has 1 x 120mm fan and 1 x 140mm fan. Also I don't think I'll be joining the custom loop crowd any time soon, already spent enough this year. :lol:

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Nice build.

Anyways, moved my setup a bit and put some old hardware to use! My 3rd monitor has 3 big scratches but its a 3rd monitor, and had coated it with Vaseline to hide them. Waiting for my displayport to dvi dable, about to order. I really like having this extra space

DEn20xh.jpg

Rammy

Honorable

I have one but I've slightly struggled to find uses for it too. So far it's mainly been a media player I didn't really need. Best use I've found is using it with a couple of Xbox controllers as an emulator. Spent an entire evening with my gf wearing a backwards baseball cap, drinking beer and playing Toejam and Earl. FYI Toejam and Earl is pretty awful but entertaining.

Lutfij

Titan
^ Note necessary :D Much waste! :p

PCbuilder, I get that rush of blood to the head everytime I see your build morph. I also own an X4 and X3 and although I haven't used it - I must say its good to know a couple here on Tom's has one as well. Once you've gotten the extra desktop space, there's no going back and you ;ll notice how little space you'll need if you had a SFF system :p nevertheless, you should watch the temps on your GPU now that yo have it powering 3 monitors. Regardless of gaming it should keep you happy for a while to come.

Speaking of Redharbinger,
Littlesackninja - you looking into custom watercooling? Redharbinger have some SS res jackets on FrozenCPU that you might want to check out...?

danielaek1

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
so after almost finishing my post i accidentally made my mouse take a bath, so here i am making this again.
So, after my ASUS p8z77-v juts didn't want to work i looked around for a 1155 mobo and found the Sapphire PURE Platinum Z77, is it any good?
if not, do you have any suggestion for a z77 motherboard under 150 euro?