The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 320 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I doubt even a 5960X could handle that! :lol:

I don't think I'm going to buy a GPU yet. The single 270X manages high settings at 1080p.

Get a second one and Crossfire that bad boy, that would be my suggestion.

Okay so that could be anything, did it ever work? If not, check LGA pins in the CPU socket. Otherwise the process of testing different RAM, PSU, CPU, GPU begins.

Already did that, mATX so the first card got too hot, but mostly crossfire doesn't work at all for FC4 so I would still have the same amount of GPU power for the only game I'm currently playing.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
For a Disk:
Use Windows: Right Click on Iso->Burn. Or get InfraBurner.
For a USB:
Get the Universal USB installer. It works with ANY ISO, including Windows installers.
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

I already had a second card. It was a failure. Crossfire didn't work well and it generates too much heat for the top card. In my mATX board anyway.

I'm looking at used 770s and 780s if anything. But will likely hold out for a bit. Unless some deal comes up.

g-unit1111

Titan

That's what I did, and I plan to get a second one when I get my tax refund in April.

For a Disk:
Use Windows: Right Click on Iso->Burn. Or get InfraBurner.
For a USB:
Get the Universal USB installer. It works with ANY ISO, including Windows installers.
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-ea..

Cool I'll check that out, thanks.

Air 540 has been great for me. So that or the h440 Which I originally ordered AFTER i got the R4...and my brother took that and sold it.....so I got the H440 and cancelled cause it had a 2 month wait, and I got the air 540. So yeah either one id say i recommend. But the AIR 540 WAS A JOY to build in, my God.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

I think that the Air540 (Dust540 as everyone says on reddit lol) is pretty wide. Having no dust filter for the psu is a killer. Had the H440, it was alright, I might go back to it again.

The phanteks Enthoo pro looks really nice too.

g-unit1111

Titan

Enthoo Pro or the H440, you can't go wrong with either. If I were in the market for a new case the Enthoo Pro or Enthoo Luxe would be my top pick without even thinking about it. I'm not a big fan of the Corsair Air series, I don't really like the designs compared to the Carbide series.

I also love the In Win 904 but that's around the ~$179 mark and I'd be afraid of working around a case with a tempered glass door, knowing my general clumsiness I would almost certainly crack it while building. :lol:

Danel - Damn. The Air 540 dusty, sure I have a bit dust, JUST A BIT, but thats cause I havent cleaned it since i bought it, but the air filters I always change and there is nothing on there but alright...and the No PSU air filter, yeah issue for others but not for me cause I have it set so that my PSU fan spins only when needed, so it never spins and there is never dust.

New update for the tesla! Awesome bunch of new things, one that I like is that you can now open the charging port from the KEY FOB! About time. I think what they need to change badly is the GPS.....Its not the most accurate....doesnt show some streets too. Powered by google maps but they gotta fix something. Also the auto pilot hardware is on the car but we gotta wait till they activate it...grr

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
There was an accident. As we got to the scene, the police officer was putting away the cones. Then some idiot in a black Prius drove by on THE RIGHT SIDE, where the accident was(already gone). And the officer was still picking up cones. That guy was so pissed. He looked at the prius for a second or two, then turned around and pointed his cone(s) to go around the left side, where everyone was going. Then he tossed the cones onto the road behind his car.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Went to target last night and picked up a netgear n600 for $116, and signed up for comcast 50mbps for only 39.99 a month with no contract. Compelling value compared to me 46$ a month almost 2-3mbps at&t uverse, and my friends nearby have had great experiences. The xfinity guys are coming tomorrow to install and enable the internet, so 1080p youtube, here I come.