The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 328 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Used for 5 months and packed back up in the box according to the guy. He claims to have had a gtx680 but it died while he was waiting for the 980 to release so he bought the 760 to hold him over, then just put it aside and now just wanted rid of it. So I got lucky. Have not received it yet.

Let me guess, because the seller said "Not mined with!" in the description? There's a lot of those on eBay. Either way, mined on, folded on, or just gamed on. If it arrives working and still has warranty eligibility, it's a good deal!

I don't see why you think every single used GPU has been mined with/folded with.

If someone says it was mined with I believe them. If someone says it wasn't I'm still inclined to believe them. There is something to be said for taking people on their word and not assuming everyone is lying to you.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
^ True. Not everyone is a huge miner. I know the reason prices dropped so much was because of mining, but it would now only make sense for people to sell it for cheaper, because the gpus that were mined on would be so much cheaper than those who claimed not to mine.

Also, whats the big deal with gpus that have been mined on? If you reapply thermal paste and pads, and dust it all out, wouldn't it not be a huge deal?

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Interesting. Anyways, I'm done with delaing with my rosewill fan so should I get 2x af120s w/ blue led's or just get a single noctua nff12. Is the quietness/performance really worth the 7$ premium to a single corsair/nzxt/antec/etc... fan? It will be used as in intake and I'll buy another one down the line.

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I guess thats where gpu shack comes in. I know it sounds like i'm adveritsing, but seriosuly I just think they are awesome (also the owner is on reddit alot). They buy refurbrsiehd cpu from the card/cooler manafactuarers, and slap a 2 year warranty on it and sell it way cheaper than anywhere else.

Daniel Sudakov

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
Well, bad news, my credit card info was copied, and was used all over the US. I had this thing for a year, and wow. Was anything hacked? Like steam, Origin, or some other service? Because the accounts I have all have 2 step verf system.

Looks like I can't make any purchases for a week :(

Pcbuilder123

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Such as?

Edit: I could just get this to go along with the rest of my fans:http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Technologies-Performance-Cooling-RF-FN122-RB/dp/B00KJGYNW6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423013465&sr=8-2&keywords=nzxt+120mm

Dam, identity theft is a serious problem in the US. Sorry to hear that :/