The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 378 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
For the love of god, please don't follow Linus' guide for help on watercooling... :mad:

Stickg1,
Yeah I've only seen a few go for $100 or less but they aren't that reputable. IO Gear seems like a whole kit and saves you from buying new cables...?

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
Yea, slowly educating their community ;)

Compared to TH I'm finding a lot of their members are either immature, rude, or kids spouting nonsense like the i5 2500k is worse than an i3 4150. Or how AMD doesn't make a single good consumer-grade CPU.

But I have to say their forum layout is more convenient to use imo.

Holy crap I hate that place. I went there on request from a user I helped here just to check it out and immediately got bashed/bad mouthed/ hated on as soon as they found out I was a mod here. Immature is DEFINITELY the word for it.

RussK1

Splendid
Linus always makes videos where he's stoned out of his mind so it's no wonder that his forums are full of pre-pubescent kids who spend mommy and daddy's money.

Linus is a bit of a joke and he's definitely not where I look for professional advice. I don't think that guy has ever worked a hard day in his life...

Tom's or OC.net, et al for me.

Hmmm, that board looks a lot more interesting than the non-wifi version of it. The non-wifi one only has two SATA ports on it, which seems like a rather severe limitation. It would make a decent thick client or office PC, but pretty much needs to be on a network. For a HTPC, you'll need an optical drive (if only to play Redbox stuff). That leaves you with one connector for a system drive, but that's it.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
THATs the kind of street racing where I used to live. Pure stupidity. That said, turns out Vortech makes CARM approved Superchargers... and Crawford has theirs if I manage to get a WRX.. I NEED to convince my mom to look at CPO's...

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

I am completely willing, but I don't have the green-light, so I'm limited to looking. Wee bit money tight.