The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 39 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
Manofchalk, Ryan and Rubix have all said this - we all watercool for getting great temps and the best thing about it is that you can shave off about 40C off your gpu temps. Enough to warrant (in one discussion) the suggestion of watercooling your GPU before you watercool your CPU :)

Nice work all round Stickg1 :)

The GPU temps are great. My CPU is still kinda hot, but it is an Ivy and it's running at 4.7GHz so under full load 57C is great, but I like to see 3's and 4's as the first numbers in my temps, lol.

My favorite stat though is all fans set to 75% speed, both CPU and GPU under full load, and delta water temp of 8C! That's what I'm after, that number to be under 10, while not making me deaf in the process! Yesterday I had the idea to drill new holes for my HDD rack to slide them closer to the PSU, then move that 60mm thick Coolgate rad to the front so I could run push/pull fans. It did wonders for my cooling ability.

StickG1- Those are amazing temps man! Nice looking GPU block too! I still dont understand how cooling a GPU with wter works....A place below it has water that is cold is making contact with the GPU chip? And yeah, Ill angle the case. Speaking of the case, will the H440 be able to get some loop like that? I know its great for WC but just curious.

Jim- Nice to see you on here every once and a while :) Be sure to posts pics of that rig but just take a look at some other cases. Just because Im going to get the H440, im not just saying this, but it fits massive rads. Take a look.

veladem

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
@stickg1

Now you're making me think of water cooling my GPU xD

Found this guy who turned his Corsair H70 into a GPU cooler here ---> http://www.overclock.net/t/1086286/complete-build-log-zotac-560ti-corsair-h70

How much would it cost me to get started on a water cooling loop for my GPU that I could incorporate into my CPU also later down the road?

Reason I ask is cause I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 + and my CPU temps aren't the greatest when I run my server stuffs.

On top of that I might like to OC my GPU and see it running much cooler.

Thanks!

haha bitcoin mining is retarded and you spend more in electricity than you get back in return. Seems silly to me honestly but the rise in cost is attributed to the mining craze. Glad it didnt really affect nvidia directly.

Question about the H440...The white part /9on the white case) Is solid steel but the black one is matte so is it steel too? (idk about school but you know, metal something like that xD )

RussK1

Splendid

You need to watch the name calling... it's offensive.

I mine and I make a profit (take into mind some don't pay electric although I do). As for your utter ignorance on mining? It's not miners that are causing the rise in costs. It's the greedy retailers. If you have something negative to say keep it constructive and direct the criticism towards the proper places.

Just to show you ignorance --->
The culprit, as has been the case since the start, continues to be the strong demand for the cards from cryptocoin miners,

This is NOT Bitcoin. It's Litecoin...

The MSRP of the 290 is still $399 and AMD has not changed that. This leaves the retailers to blame.

azzazel_99 - Even though I dont think bitcoin mining is needed ..dont be rude man :/

RussK1 - My GPU is a bitcoin mining beast I heard but how does it work and can you like mine out money? Lol. I wont mine, just curious as to how it works.

There that better? Dont be so sensitive. Sorry if you were offended. Wasn't intended to be offensive I just speak whats on my mind and most of the people I know dont get offended by things like that so again sorry if you or anyone else was offended by my outlook on mining driving the cost of gpus. All I was saying is before the mining craze went crazy you could get a 280x for the $300 range and a 290x at the $600 range. Now not so much.

That will be a good case for that!

You could probably get a nice GPU loop for ~$300. You can go cheaper if you want but it's the "get what you pay for" type market.

Yeah maybe I should take that or I might do entrepreneurship because I dont want to make programming my Job. If I pick C++ NEXT year it will go towards my GPA and I dont think i'd want that...Whatever, Ill talk to my dad about this. Stick, it said the H440 is steel and thats true because the white part is the only mesh/plastic but that is the gloss white...do you think the matte black is steel too?