The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 41 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lutfij

Titan
I own 5 of them(the molex versions as they were the first released) and they are the best thing ever invented by any one, let alone Swiftech. Set fan profile and you're good to go :)
I also own a Bitfenix recon and Lamptron FC5-V2

The Swiftech alternative is in my must have list/advices for SFF systems.

I want a quiet system, so I will have 6 fans on a 360mm radiator, and 4 fans on a 240mm radiator, and I want to run them on as low an rpm as possible while having the option to crank them up when needed. Looking at the gentle typhoon fans so far. What fans do you use Lutfij?

Lutfij

Titan
On my AMS project I'm using GT AP-15's. I have some Swiftech Helix-120-BW(non pwm's) saved for Compact Splash projects and I have 2x SP120's High Performance Edition's for a revision on my Brothers rig w/ Alphhacool Monsta 240. I also have Noiseblocker M12-P on my Brothers rig powering the H50.

I also have the Bitfenix Spectre Pro's both in 120 and 140mm versions in white in the AMS.

^ All of the above mentioned are whisper quiet, both if you undervolt them or ramp them to mid-semi mid range/levels unless you face them against a fan grill with small cutouts/mesh - this will induce turbulence and thus generate a whirring (wailing) sound. Te AP-15's are the fans to go for and this is coming from a watercooler.

Wow! 15 /16 years..thats a good experience... I assume you had a business there or something. Hope you have a safe trip back :) Better get used to The weather...and I hope the tsunamis didn't affect you :s

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
well its a sad day today... one of my refurb graphic cards just started to die, nearly gave me a heart attack when the screen started flashing black artifacting and 'shaking'

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

well it lasted for over a year and got both cards for 350 when the 680 came out so nothing to complain about :)

With fan controllers you have to be careful. Excluded those PCBs linked above, those are nice, but with those $30-$40 5.25" bay controllers you can typically only run 1 or 2 fans per channel. A lot of people cite problems with channels dying quickly or not adjusting the voltage well (assuming you are using 3-pin fans). For example I had that NZXT Senty2 for a bit on an old PC and it really only worked at 100%, 60%, and 35%. Anything in between did nothing.

The AquaComputer Aqueros are pretty expensive. But seeing as how you can run 20 fans per channel and a pump and have full control from 0%-100% even with non-PWM fans is probably why it's so expensive.