The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 570 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
The paste I like is Gelid GC extreme XxD34THxX, it was a while ago I bought it so im not sure about the prices, but it wasn't overly pricey. it also got better temps than the legendary(lol) MX-4

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Air flow.... Bwahahhahahahahahah
No

This is my case, from a top-down view, with it laying on it's side
Crappy drawing with mspaint...

6G67f9v.png

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

heheeh I guess 10 only applies to me, I'm nevery happy with them darn blobs! :p

TFX? No, but you can get plates that will allow a SFX PSU to be used on ATX mount points. Look at some of the FSP SFX PSUs on Newegg, and you'll see the plate that comes with them. I've never seen anything like that for TFX PSUs.
Although they are a lot thinner, they are also much longer than ATX PSUs and won't fit in smaller cases because they'd hit drives.

Is the cooler same on all CPUs that ship from Intel, or do the more power-hungry processors have larger coolers? I'd love to see something similar to the 212 Evo with a high-end K series CPU.

... I know the 6600K doesn't come with its own cooler, but the price here is no lower than a 4690K.

Since I've been testing mainstream boards, I've also kept to what a casual overclocker might attempt, using as many automatic settings as possible. If I were doing it for myself, I'd go into more detail in the settings. I may try that with the last H97 I'm reviewing, just to get a better idea what my chip can do.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
CPU-Z and HWMonitor aren't showing the correct Vcore when I manually set it in the BIOS.

It seems I epically lost the silicon lottery since I need 1.3V just to get it to boot with a 4.1Ghz overclock. It's strange because they both show the Vcore fluctuating around .952V under load (and idle). Thoughts?

edit: I have successfully updated my BIOS to the latest version.

edit2: Just BSOD'd, going back to stock settings for now.

TRENDING THREADS