The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 620 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
Anyone else have avast freaking the heck out when on Toms..
Finally got a new modem/router from TWC... Things HUGE as hell. Set it all up, and I not get MORE than what I pay for... Avast is going crazy on me though

Set it as an a exception

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

I have. But I can't do a blanket exception for ALL of Tom's, only like one thread or page...

fredfinks

Honorable

Tlokkys.jpg

Dark breeze i have the same SD32850T Samsung 32" 1440p monitor. Its great. I upped from the 27" S27D850T as i wanted bigger. No back light bleed or distortion and samsungs have one of the best if not the best calibration straight out of the box.

No unsteadyness or wobble and the base is more than competent. Also very easy to shift / tilt and adjust if you need to.
If you google them youll find early adopters complaining of a flickering. apprently it was due to video card driver issues - its long been since resolved.

Scaling is perfect (same dot pitch as 24" 1920x1200), dodgy software scaling e.g steam and MS windows did affect the 27" ddue to its higher pitch.

The only issue i have is that its very bright. I had it and the 27" on 0 brightness.
its also known as the Ls32d85ktsn /xy

As others have said everything else looks tiny. I was worried that 32" would be too big but nope. Its beautiful.

fredfinks

Honorable

I was considering getting a 21:9 but they not as compatible. If widely adopted software still cant get high res scaling right what hope do they have with 21:9. Especially old software/games.

Not sure where you are but they cheap in the US. $530 is a bargain for such a thing of beauty. I feel monitors are the most underrated /overlooked things on here. Youll see people spend $thousands on their build yet pair it with a cheap 24".

Its THE interface with the pc. Also, its pairs very well with a 980ti.

D

Deleted member 217926

^ I agree with all points. Also I was playing Mass Effect 3 when I got the monitor last year and I remember sitting there just being in awe of the colors and black levels for the first few hours.

Get rid of Avast. Uninstall it. Install another less intrusive antivirus like Avira or use the built in Windows defender in conjunction with something like the free or Pro version of Malwarebytes. I've never had any issues with any of those trying to block specific websites like you're having with Avast.

g-unit1111

Titan

Screw 4K. I'm now convinced that 32" 1440P is the way to go. I like the monitor, I like the frame, I like that I don't have to upgrade my 970 to get the full experience. And I love that these monitors rotate from portrait to landscape. Considering if I went 4K I would probably have to at least SLI my 970 to take proper advantage of it, or purchase a 980TI, which would cost me another $600 on top of spending at least $600 for the 4K display I want. So $500 seems like a bargain compared to $1200.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

I have Malwarebytes, but it only runs when I turn it on and avast off... Also have Spybot SSD... As well as clearing all the temp folders with my 1 click batch.

Yep, I did that already

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador

Yeah. I'm betting it has something to do with the new router/modem as it started RIGHT after I set it up. looks like the poups are gone now...

fredfinks

Honorable
I think little fog/smoke machines could be the next big thing. When you turn your PC on, fog is emitted, disco LEDs light up the room in a fabulous rainbow array of colour and ding-dong door chimes play the beginning of La Cocaracha or Zarathustra.

Thats gotta add like 50mhz right? How about water cooled LED mouse cables?

Wireless cables? You know, like, cables for the motherboard, GPU card and drives, that don't use wires. So basically, cable-less cables. Actually, that would be pretty sweet and they need to get busy on inventing that, because, clutter.

I mean, they already have wireless electricity and wireless monitors, so why not?

Fog/smoke machines won't work. That's just going to make everybody think they have a Bestec PSU.