The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 647 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fredfinks

Honorable

Bizarro. Ive heard of all those stores but they are places i suggest you do not go for this. Google, yellow pages whatever. there has to be. Where does one buy office furniture for a fitout? go there.
Cant reply till tomorrow. im off to bed.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah it is, the only places I've seen where I live where you can buy office furniture are either liquidators or used commercial equipment, and not open to the general public. So it's either chain stores or mail order for new chairs.

Well, it took some wheeling and dealing but I got a PC up and running and I'm pretty happy with it.

Specs:

Intel i5-6600K @ 4.5GHz
ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
Corsair 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
Corsair H100i GTX
EVGA GTX 1050ti SSC
Corsair RM550 PSU
ADATA SU800 256GB SSD SATA3
Seagate 2TB HDD
Thermaltake Core P3 Open Air Chassis

Pic:
zuS0nse.jpg

I may get one of these NVMe SSDs. We'll see what deals Black Friday/Cyber Monday provide on that front. Also I wouldn't mind adding a higher capacity SATAIII SSD for a game drive. Right now I use the 2TB Barracuda.

I need to do some drive shuffling, to remove some mechanical drives and replace them with SSDs. I will determine my needs by this weekend. I may only need one or two 500GB-512GB drives. Otherwise, I have no near term upgrade plans. Magnum, Minion, and Igor all boot from NvME drives and have 16GB of RAM, and the GTX1060 in Magnum is more than I need for my current games.

RussK1

Splendid
Just got the WDS100T2X0C WD Black NVMe 1TB for $189 via Amazon. That and the Samsung Pro are the best consumer drives you'll get... also picked up a 2700X, Crosshair VII Hero, HyperX Predator 3600mhz C16 and NZXT H500i.

Wish xmas wasn't so close or I'd pick up the Crucial MX500 2TB for $200. :ouch:

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I really want that 2TB Crucial for my laptop but considering that I'm trying to save money I think I will pass for now.

RussK1

Splendid

I actually canceled the 1tb WD Black (despite the cost savings) NVMe order and went for the 2TB 970Evo NVMe. This way I can cut one mechanical drive out of my system. Also canceled the NZXT H500i and went with the Thermaltake View 22 TG being it's a little larger and the reviews are the best you'll find for water cooling in such a small case.

I ordered an ASRock AB350M-HDV B350 MATX motherboard for the R5 1600+ sitting on a shelf. I don't need another system, so it will likely be for sale cheap or a donation. The graphics card will probably be either a HD7870 or a GTX950.

RussK1

Splendid

That is cool. It can even be wall mounted to keep the animals at bay! How well does the cooler work?

It was a nice little system. The cooler worked well in an open case like that. I tried it in a conventional case and there was a noticeable increase in temps. I ended up selling it, I didn't fully intend to sell it at the time but I have a new one in the works. Ryzen based, I pretty much have everything except for the CPU and GPU.

ASRock B450M Pro4
ADATA XPG SX8200 240GB NVMe
4x4GB 2133MHz DDR4 (I plan on replacing this soon)
Silverstone SG10 mATX case
I have options on cooling, mid-high end air, or I have an H80i that fits.
I have a few adequate power supplies, but may buy something more fitting for the build.

RussK1

Splendid

Nice!

Holy cow, it seems like it has been forever since ive heard the name stickg1, LOL.

I'm doing good, it seem like everyone else is also doing pretty good. Im going to a CC studying computer science then transferring to Berkeley, and Ive started my pilots license last week, so pretty exciting.

g-unit1111

Titan
So I have been updating my work PC over the last couple of months. I went from an X79 setup to a Ryzen 2600 setup. Here's what that looks like:

243093.9bf1c867268633b3bc72548eed82620c.1600.jpg

243093.b5a0d20eb2b2dcc054b7d0d26a913386.1600.jpg

243093.79b563a8d86712774fdbb85c70700de8.1600.jpg

243093.f66c06956a35b9711198ed26acb7ede3.1600.jpg

The specs on it:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Seasonic X 750 Pro
Asus ROG Strix B-450F
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.8GHz
Cryorig H5 Universal w/AM4 mounting bracket
Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 MHz
MSI GTX 970 (will eventually upgrade to 1060 after I get a 2070 for my home PC)
Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M2
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SSD

Figured i would share my little project i somewhat completed the other week. Dont mind the rgb, it looks blown out with the lights off.

I need to buy some mini copper sinks for the mosfets/vrms since i dont like the temps they are getting to. Im also going to modify the g12 bracket to fit a 120mm fan as well. Otherwise my gpu core temps dont go over about 57c and its definitely near silent.
6ye11st8p9g21.jpg

c43oqxv0y5h21.jpg

Last edited:
I built this little mATX rig. Really happy with this one. Has anyone tried the AMD StoreMI? I used this ADATA SU800 256GB and Seagate 2TB 3.5" to form one drive and it combines 2GB of my RAM as a cache. The benchmarks are impressive, both drives read and write faster than they do by themselves stock so it seems to be a total win. I'm not a fan of this board though, the ASRock was less flashy but had better features. The ASUS does have a slightly better BIOS though. The RAM wasn't my first choice, I basically got an 8GB kit really cheap in a bundle deal, so I just stuck with it and bought a matching kit. May get a 3200MHz 2x8GB kit down the road. The power supply is not very good either. I was confused on them, apparently Rosewill discontinued the HIVE 550 and now make the HIVE 550S which is of lesser quality.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.25GHz
ASUS TUF B450M Plus Gaming
Crucial Ballistix DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz
MSI RX 580 4GB Armor @ 1460MHz/2000MHz
ADATA SU800 256GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Rosewill HIVE 550S
Rosewill cheap mATX case
Silverstone NT-06 PRO CPU cooler
4x Corsair ML120 PWM fans

SRjZD9p

EDIT: I can't get the pics to upload...here is an imgur link... View: https://imgur.com/a/0J0ecbA

39HfrZ8

Last edited:
Figured i would share my little project i somewhat completed the other week. Dont mind the rgb, it looks blown out with the lights off.

I need to buy some mini copper sinks for the mosfets/vrms since i dont like the temps they are getting to. Im also going to modify the g12 bracket to fit a 120mm fan as well. Otherwise my gpu core temps dont go over about 57c and its definitely near silent.
6ye11st8p9g21.jpg

c43oqxv0y5h21.jpg
Thats amazing dude, wished my setup was like that LOL.

Also, this forum redesign really got me confused...

g-unit1111

Titan

Interesting, I didn't know you could piggyback CLLs like that. I'll have to post pictures of the rig I recently built for work purposes:

20190222_143436.jpg

The specs on it are:

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Seasonic X 750 (used from old rig)
Asus ROG Strix B450
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Cryorig H5 (used from old rig)
Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB
250GB Samsung 970 Evo M2
1TB Samsung 860 Evo
Pioneer BD-R206 (used from old rig)
MSI GTX 970 (used from old rig, will replace when I buy 2080)

And the lighting / fan configuration is: Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2 x Corsair LL140s in the interior and I have 2 x Corsair ML140s in the front.

Piggy backing the clcs like that is definitely unconventional, also a little less than ideal, but it seems to work find. Like i said, core temps on both the cpu and gpu are fine. One thing im noticing though is that the gpu icx sensors for the vrms are reporting temps a bit high compared to what other reviewers of the g12 bracket. The are hitting upper 90s and makes me uncomfortable. So ive been meaning to find a kit of little copper stick on heat sinks to litter the gpu with. I will also take apart the x42 cpu block and turn the inlet/outlets to the other side then modify the g12 bracket to accept an extra 120mm nzxt fan i have, should provide a bit more airflow over the pcb. I want to check the liquid metal on the cpu as well to see how the delid is working out as it has been a about a year. Most of all this is totally unnessary, but it give me little projects to do when i have the time and i feel happy and productive doing them.