The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
From 1.2v to 1.25v is about five (or ten) increments depending on motherboard. If 1.2 doesn't do it, try 1.21, 1.22, 1.23 etc.

GPU just try 25MHz increases at a time, until you artifact or crash then you need to add voltage. But probably just keep it stock voltage. You want this card to last you a while.

Or do you mean, yes increase the MHZ of the GPU but the "Core Voltage mV" In MSI after burner, i dont touch?

UPDATE: Just saw your next message. Ok. So the memory is like 6.45 then 6.5 then 6.55 and so on, thats what i think you mean, anyway

Ok, here is Phoenix post-cable management. I removed the drive cage for this shot to show it isn't a mess behind it, but put it back in so as not to waste shelf space. The USB cable is hidden, the upper fan cable is hidden, and the extra audio header is tucked away. I could not do anything with the rear fan cable, as there are no tie points nearby. Pulling and rotating the fan would require removing the mobo, and those silicon pegs aren't the sturdiest things in the world, so I thought it not worthwhile.

And, here is Gypsy. In that little case, cable management is non-existent, but note that by using a pair of 2.5" drives in it, one 3.5" bay was free for extra cables. About all I could do else was use the shortest SATA cables possible.

The mobo is an ASRock Z77E-ITX, with an additional 256GB SSD on its underside. It also has a 500GB data drive and a 128GB SSD, the later currently unused but likely reserved for a Linux distro.

g-unit1111

Titan
So here's a picture of my work setup. I'm the only one on the network with a full backlit mechanical keyboard, and you can't see the mouse but I just got a Mad Catz R.A.T. 5 and this thing is amazing.

Here's the command center:
IMAG0134.jpg

Here's the tower itself - a pretty much unmodded Corsair 500R:

IMAG0127.jpg

Drives are: Plextor PX-880SA, Pioneer BD-R 206, AFT Flash Card Reader

And then the interior:

IMAG0130.jpg

I haven't installed the X79 board yet - I'm waiting to find a good deal on an Intel i7-3820, but once I get my tax refund I'm buying one ASAP. I'm currently using a Gigabyte Z68 board with an Intel i5-3450, 16GB of RAM, an EVGA GeForce GTX 660, Sandisk Extreme II 240GB, and Samsung Spinpoint 1TB. All hooked up to a Seasonic X750 Gold.

Your interior picture is the exterior picture

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Alright, getting a new pc end of this mont :D
This will be going in there (its a small formfactor btw)

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy mITX
Mobo: Asus z87i-Pro
CPU: Intel core i7 4770k (gonna oc it)
GPU: EVGA gtx 780 superclocked (blower style cooler)
Cpu cooler: H100i (push pull with 4 corsaie sp120 quiet fans)
PSU: RM650 corsair
Ram: Corsair vengeance pro 2x8gb 1866mhz
HDD: WD Black 1tb
Case fans: 1 bitfenix 230mm and 1 corsair af140 quiet

if I cam get enough money ima put in a 250 gb samsung 840 evo ssd too

One thing's for sure Joe. You know a thing or two about quality motherboards. All your rigs are stacked! I like the cable management work. Looks really neat and tidy. Are all your fan slots full in the Mini R4? I have a stack of those stock 140mm Fractals I'm not using.

Errr nevermind, I painted them yellow, lol.

Is that a QuickFire? I had a Rapid for a bit. Finally settled on this Razer BlackWidow Ultimate though. The MX Blues were kind of loud at first but now I don't think I could live without them.

Awesome work PC btw.

g-unit1111

Titan

No it's a Gigabyte Aivia Osmium: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823334013

Love this keyboard. I used to have a CM Storm but I wasn't a fan of the fact that it's only a half backlit keyboard and wanted something that had a full backlight.

Here is my rig, specs are as follows:

Case: AzzA Solano 1000R
CPU: i5-3570K 3.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Rockin' that stock Intel
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
RAM: 16GB(4x4GB) Kingston HyperX Blu OC'd to 1800MHz
HDD: Toshiba 1TB 64MB Cache
Wireless Adapter: Rosewill RNX-N250PCe PCI Adapter
GPU: HIS IceQ X² Radeon 7950 OC'd Core: 1200MHz Memory: 1500MHz
PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer MKIII 600W
Optical Drive: LiteOn DVD/CD Drive
Controller: Afterglow AX.1
Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4
Mouse: Logitech G500
Monitor: LG 27EA33V 27" 1080P IPS Monitor 5ms
Speakers: 2.1 Channel Cyber Accoustics

Overview of my setup:

My case from the side:

Rear of Case:

The internal smorgasbord of parts:

What do you all think of my Rag-Tag-Rig?

I could put a fan in the side panel, but both front, the single top, and the single rear are filled. I believe I could put one in the bottom in front of the PSU too, but the SG-650 is a little long, so it might not fit there.
Omega will need some cable management work before I take or post any pics. I may actually get a different case for it instead, although that expense seems unnecessary. It has extra features that create cable mess, such as both an eSATA port in the front AND a HDD dock on top. It also has a two-drive backplane inside.
Edit: Ah, Patrick, I see you posted the case. Is there more room behind the right panel to stuff more of the cable lengths?
Incidentally, a worthy note about the SSD on the underside of the Z77E-ITX: I had to put a piece of electrical tape over the mSATA hold-down screw, otherwise it shorts to the case and won't boot.

imran27

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I'm about to add an AIO CLC to my system, I was thinking of Swiftech H320 but I'm not sure it'll fit in my case, I have a CM Elite 311 mid-tower cpu chassis and asus m5a97 r2.0 MoBo, befor buying anything I just want to be sure t'll fit in my case (I'll be definitely cutting 3x120mm holes for H320's 360mm rad)

Need that PS4 for exclusives I can't get on PC man, and free games on my PS+. I thought of getting a second GPU to crossfire, but I'd need a new PSU too, and that would be quite a bit more than 400 bro