The Member's Systems Discussion Thread

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Get a 840 evo, its a bit cheaper ans the difference in speed in real life senario is so small that you wont notice it. But then again if you never had an ssd before ANY ssd will be super fast for what your used too. So looking at it that way you could even go with a cheaper kingston, but I myself would go samsung cuz I trust them and never used kingston before.

q5n7.jpg

Guys, I need to save a bit more so i have a question

Should i get the H100i or Monitor first? If I get the monitor, i have to save 40 dollars. I have a crappy non HD monitor so should i save up for the monitor while i wait for the case to arrive in a few weeks and do chores and stuff and get the H100i to be sure i have that so i dont get lazy and stop saving? (Im a teen, in the UAE you cant get a job at this age so it all comes down to chores and stuff) again, or should i forget about the H100i and get a saitek flight pro yoke because i want to become a pilot...so that will help.

Finidi

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Em lol. So what fan did you mean? Cuz I know the sp120 preformandce ans I know the sp120 quiet edtition but sp120 high preformance quiets edition is new to me :p

My mistake. They are called high airflow quiet edition, not high performance.

Just to ensure you have it all clear.

SP120 Quiet(1450 RPM) is a slower thus quieter static pressure fan. The static pressure is down to the very wide blade design.
SP120 High(2350 RPM) Performance is a faster high static pressure.
You want these for things like hard drive bays(with drives installed), heatsinks and radiators. They are most likely better with filters than the AF120's as well.

AF120 Quiet(1100 RPM) is a slower high air flow fan
AF120 Performance(1650 RPM) is a faster high air flow fan.
You want these as intakes and exhaust as long as they are not overly restrictive.

AF140 is a quiet(1150 RPM) high air flow fan designed to move lots of air with minimal noise.

Corsairs fan specs can be found here

Here it is! You see that laptop on the right? That will be on the left when I get my PC and Ill use my old monitor on the laptop...MAYBE.

v50dQOx.jpg

Guys I Bought an LG 24EA53V- P 5ms IPS :D 24inches. Had one blue dead pixel but i fixed that. Now i have to clean around to house to earn 143 dirhams (39 dollars) So i can get the h100i and stuff...well, i already have enough, just that gosh darn shipping fee.

Very nice. The monitor is your window onto the world through your PC. It doesn't matter how nice your cable management is, or how quietly the system runs, if the monitor is crappy, how much time will you spend using it?

Well I havent built the PC yet so I dont know what the temps will be (probably good) and I wanted to OC, not that I need to but Im just picky that way.

I should probably get the flight stick. Let me see what the others think when they reply.

As long as stock cooling cuts it for you. get the flight stick for sure.

I mean some people buy cases that look real nice, but do not add any performance over a 50$(I was always a big fan of the Antec 300 because it is cheap and works well for the price) or lower case. When building on a budget, the thing I cut down on most of the time is the case(I will also get a non modular power supply in many cases since the power supply on the bottom lets you just pile the extra cables). As long as it has the air flow needed, you are not looking at the case anyway.

Same goes for cooling. If you can spend money elsewhere and get a better experience, go for it. I can not recommend things like the 212 or similar enough for the price(that would be if you wanted some extra cooling on the cheap).

I have an H80i, mostly because my case is small and it was hard to swap video cards with the NH-D14 installed(moved that to another system). My system does not generate enough heat to make much of a difference from those 2 coolers.

Hell even with the H100i, I would normally try adjust the stock fans to see if they can do the job at an acceptable level of noise first. In your case I can see a reason for going all in at once since the shipping costs are higher.