The Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Review: Take Off Your Ti

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick knight

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2011
If Im getting a new card, either because of upgrade from a 6 year old card or just because is a fresh new built, and my budget is only $200, what should I do? be cardless untill I get more money?, get an old generation (obsolite) card?

Nvidia and ATI releases different card to meet different demands. It would be ridiculous to leave the lower end market to your competitor. Especially when that market is big. You can say all you want about the 560 compared to the 6870, fact is that Nvidia wont dissapoint.

I agree thought, that the AMD card performance vs the 560 cant be ignore, especially at $30 cheaper. Now days that is

aminebouhafs

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
First make sure the "base" of your rig is high-spec AND bang-for-the-buck.
In this order:

1. Case
2. PSU
3. MB
4. CPU
5. RAM

And than VGA!!!

I won't tell ya wich one to get cause later by the time when you or anyone else reads this article (again), "those" parts will be obsolete. It's like now (2011) you're reading about a CPU recommendation and someone mentions "Pentium IV"!
Won't that guy (or girl) be the laughing stock!

So, if ya need recommendations, check the charts!

I always put the case last on the list, that way you can get something to put the chosen parts in rather than try to find parts that fit in a particular space.

aminebouhafs

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Almost everyone underestimates the importance of a case.

Cooling.
Space (for now and maybe later too?)
Silence

First you check out the charts over here at TH.
Than make an estimation checking out the benchmarks, prices and availability of the (compatible) parts.

For businesses and people at home I just keep in mind, for now and years to come, I need a good, sturdy case (usually a mid-tower) that fits the mainboard I have in mind (usually E-ATX fitted since it holds ALL mb's) and all the drive-bays I'll need (usually just two BDR's and a 3.5" or 5.25" plug-in panel that came with the MB).
That way I can never go wrong selecting a case.

The PSU I need is 80 Plus Gold at minimum.

For the MB I need one that would be able to hold the CPU I have in mind, ALL drives (I have in mind), ALL cards (I have in mind), the RAM (I have in mind) and maybe a few other peripherals.

Select a good low price/high performance CPU.

Check out first, the fastest RAM for that MB and second, as much of that RAM as possible in that MB.

And than plug in the selected low price/high performance VGA.

Keep in mind that that's the base.
Ya can build up on that choosing your own peripherals.

What makes you think the importance is being underestimated? I would rather get a case to fit the parts instead of getting parts to fit inside a certain case. I think it's a you who might be underestimating everyone else's lack of need for your list of how to do things.

verbalizer

Distinguished

nice..

aminebouhafs

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
Ya can read, don't you?

I used the fraise "I have in mind" alot of times in case of spontanious blindness for people like all you guys (or girls).
Let me see if I can make you people understand the words that I type.
"I have in mind" is (for example) to remember "ALL" the hardware I want to installand than pick an enclosure.
You should try it. It's easy. For me at least.
[citation][nom]malmental[/nom]nice..[/citation]

verbalizer

Distinguished

why you stealing my recommendation for what you said.?
I do not think so..

aminebouhafs

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Forgive me man or woman! This is the first time I see it too.

I think I know what happened.

When I started typing the message started with the cursor first, and then your message.
I had to do it quickly because if I stayed just a little longer I would be to late.

SO EVERYONE WHO'S READING THIS,

"MALMENTAL" DOES "NOT" THINK MY REPLY IS "NICE"!!!

I can read better than you can spell! :lol:

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]malmental[/nom]calm down 'cleeve', give him some slack.[/citation]

I'm not sure how saying that I disagree equates to getting excited, malmental... just asked the man what he's basing his statement on. :)

verbalizer

Distinguished

I thought that you were about to slam him for the statement since it has no merit..

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]malmental[/nom]I thought that you were about to slam him for the statement since it has no merit..[/citation]

Well I'd rather hear if he has a valid point to make before assuming he deserves a slamming. :D

pkomorowski

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Whatever you do don't buy EVGA. Their service is terrible. I have a 2 month old GTX 590 and they're giving me a run around on a warranty replacement after one of the cores died. Never overclocked. Their warranty is a joke. Buyer beware.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I really hate when they use physx games then disable physx to make the amd cards appear like they are just as good as the nvidia cards. I know that they say its because its not fair that amd cards cant do it but thats the entire point of hardware accelerated physics that's owned by one company over another. Think of it like having a w12 Bugatti veyron and only using 6 cylinders because the ford gt500 youre racing against only has a single engine (aka v8 or v10) and not a double engine. Dont hinder one card to make their competitor look better just because the other guy cant compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.