Info The OSX86 Hackintosh FAQ v1.3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jFiveNYC

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014

You've managed to quote your own argument, again, without any reinforcement. Not to mention you also quoted a post riddled with sarcasm.

Unless it truly IS taking food away from orphans!! At any rate, if said orphans cannot fend for themselves, they should fall victim to the inevitable end that is typical of the surplus population.

jFiveNYC

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
You state:

Followed by:

[strike]I bet you won't scar-die cat!! If you do, I'll totally tell Mom.[/strike]

So you're willing to risk "breaking the law" and being branded a hypocrite JUST to stick it to your dissenters and detractors? That's cool with me. Meanwhile I'll be eating ice cream and holding a candlelight vigil until you post your findings.

Although you must follow the procedures spelled out at TonyMacX86.com! Including but not limited to the method described for obtaining a copy of Mavericks or Mountain Lion. I hope you have access to a computer running OS X because point #1 in the UniBeast method: Download the OS X Mavericks Application from the Mac App Store . Which, as we all know, is a source littered with malicious software and compromised versions of their distributed OS. Oh wait, no it isn't.....or is it?!? (insert eerie music from 70's horror movie)

You must also maintain a strict adherence to the Rules posted on TonyMaxX86.com's Rules. First bullet point: This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, torrent, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

Alright, maybe you don't have access to a Mac running OS X, fine. Then how to you plan to download the OS? Would it be from somewhere other than Apple? How would this wacky en devour of obtaining software from a source other than the manufacturer be any less risky than for any other piece of distributed software in the Milky Way system. Knowing full well the goofballs in the Andromeda system do things ass-backwards. Those silly gooses wear hats on their FEET...talk about living on the edge.

This will be my final reply to you since the points you raise have reached a level of absurdity while polluting and diluting this thread, both your and mine and others acknowledging you.

tom2u

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
This is so typical of a non-thinking Mac user.
Check out the new Mac Pro's temperatures. They are awful. Very high.
They do have a really interesting idea of attaching all heat producing devices to one huge heatsink. That may be utterly brilliant. But obviously either the heatsink doesn't have enough area or the fans are not moving enough air because it just doesn't cool very well at all. That doesn't negate the possibilities though of this design. Imagine if your ram and chipsets somehow being attached to the heatsink. Make it a square. One side for the CPU, another side for the chipset and ram, and the two other sides for 2 video cards. Or make it hexagonal for more video cards!

Noone II

Reputable
Sep 10, 2014

Uhhh... More than half of what you said is untrue. In fact, Im on a Hackintosh right now. Hackintoshes do NOT have specific viruses for hackintoshes. I don't know what you were saying about lemons and orphans though. Sounds like a personal problem.

himacc

Reputable
May 26, 2015
i work here for, satisfied, many years with an Asrock h61m-dgs with 1155 socket

so may morherboards that are 100% compatible and than you have a Real Mac with OSX

look at tonymac.com to see

itmoba

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
A recent thread prompted me to post this.

(1) The forum rules state: "Violations - It violates the Tom's Hardware Rules of Conduct if you engage in ... [the promotion] or encourage[ment] [of] activity which is illegal, such as hacking, cracking, scamming."

(2) By installing OS X on a non-Apple computer, you're breaking the EULA. The EULA is an agreement and is governed by contract law. So, it's illegal to install OS X on a non-Apple computer. It's very simple.

Based on the above two points, if promoting or encouraging illegal activities is a violation of the codes of conduct, then, why do hackintosh threads continue to be tolerated? We care about stopping piracy, yet we speak not when one clearly violates contract law?

Update on the Hacintosh discussion rules:

Apple's EULA prohibits installing/running OSX on non Apple branded hardware. Therefore:

Discussion of the hardware (and ONLY the hardware) is permitted.
Any discussion of how/where to obtain OSX is not permitted.
Any discussion about installing and running OSX on non Apple branded hardware is not permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.