[SOLVED] The PC wont boot up after installing brand new MOBO and CPU

Apr 28, 2022
Good day, this month been like ectremely deprivating for me, like i would have been cursed. Everytime i thought i had all prepared for PC i found out that i dont. Anyway, i was forced for system replacement, since my old CPU has died completely. I thought of ulgrading it, so i had to buy new board that would support AM4. So I got Asus B-450MAX Tuf Gaming, brand new. And AMD Ryzen 5 5500. after installing everything completely into place - the PC starts up, but nothing happens. Now, i've even upgraded my psu, im nearing out of budget. The psu should be max at 600 W, though i dont understand, how am i supposed to change the power. Before that i had old 320 W psu that still survived so many years somehow. I ve prevented any static electricity. I even tested with my old mobo, that the system turns on without CPU and RAM (doesnt boot up of course), the graphic card excellently tells me that by flashing orange and white. At this mobo on the other hand, the system doesnt turn on - no light, no fans running untill i put in the CPU, so the CPU shall not be problem. I got every living cable there is secured and well installed. I can turn on pc, the fans, lights do go on, but the graphic card doesnt flash, but just is glowing white, if it iscorrect everything, its meant to glow Orange only. The monitor says no HDMI signal. What i tried - removing graphics card and connecting HDMI to motherboard (the mobo and CPU features integrated graphics), still no signal. Okay now iam running out of ideas, i tried dozens of solutions, i didnt forget anything following up to manual and tutorials, no way of mistaking that. Im starting to get desperate with all those events happening to me this month. Since i am getting close to tge budget, i had to buy only one DDR4 ram. It cost about 45 dollars, ive reseated it hundreds of times. I first thought the pc didnt boot up because of weak psu, but even now it doesnt do much. The mobo isnt cheap and neither the CPU. In short - the pc is you could say from brand new components (except for HDD), but doesnt boot up, neither sends signals to monitor. Any solutions? In advance im sorry, i type this on my phone and its just difficult to explain, because im going crazy from all of that.

Solution
The mobo is ASUS B450 Tuf Gaming.
No such model. Probably one of these (it is written on motherboard BTW):
Asus TUF 450 Plus Gaming​
Asus TUF 450 Pro Gaming​
Asus TUF Gaming 450 PLUS II​

If you want to update BIOS, the you have to know exact model name.
Flashing wrong BIOS can brick your motherboard.
Apr 28, 2022
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - doesn't have integrated graphics. So video outputs on motherboard will not work.

Please edit your post to list full specs of your system.
Missing information of PSU model name and graphics card. Motherboard model name seems to be incorrect too (at least not a full model name).
Is there any
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - doesn't have integrated graphics. So video outputs on motherboard will not work.

Missing information of PSU model name and graphics card. Motherboard model name seems to be incorrect too (at least not a full model name).
[/QUOTE

The PSU is Silentium 320 - 600 W . The graphics are RX 470. The mobo is ASUS B450 Tuf Gaming.

As kurdtnz explained, the most probable reason the PC does not boot, is because your motherboard does not support the Ryzen 5 5500 because the bios version is to old.
You need bios version 3211 for your CPU.
The problem is that for your motherboard model, you need an older functioning CPU to upgrade the Bios.
Your best solution would be to go to a computer shop near you, and ask them to do the bios update. That would probably cost you a small fee.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Apr 28, 2022
As kurdtnz explained, the most probable reason the PC does not boot, is because your motherboard does not support the Ryzen 5 5500 because the bios version is to old.
You need bios version 3211 for your CPU.
The problem is that for your motherboard model, you need an older functioning CPU to upgrade the Bios.
Your best solution would be to go to a computer shop near you, and ask them to do the bios update. That would probably cost you a small fee.
Thats strange, because the mobo is literally designed for Ryzen CPUs.

Apr 28, 2022
Yes, but we are now with the 4th generation of Ryzen CPU (series 5xxx). The B450 motherboards came out with the 2nd generation.
To be able to accept the new Ryzen CPU coming out all the time, you need to update the Bios, in order to allow the motherboard to recognize the CPU.
Oh, i get it now. That must be the only problem I hope and it would give sense, holy yes it makes sense, that would explain the GPU behaviour. Is there a way to install the update without CD, like through some sort of USB or something like that.

Oh, i get it now. That must be the only problem I hope and it would give sense, holy yes it makes sense, that would explain the GPU behaviour. Is there a way to install the update without CD, like through some sort of USB or something like that.
As SkyNetRising already asked, It depends which model you have EXACTLY:
Asus TUF 450 Plus Gaming
Asus TUF 450 Pro Gaming
Asus TUF Gaming 450 PLUS II

Only the Asus TUF Gaming 450 PLUS II would allow to do that through a USB stick, using a feature called ASUS USB BIOS FlashBack.
With the 2 others, you need a compatible CPU

It should be indicated in your manual. Does the manual speak about ASUS USB BIOS FlashBack ?

Last edited:
Its actually the Plus II, ut has some clicky thingy near usb ports called USB_FLBK
OK. So you have to carefully read the instruction of how to proceed.
And you will find the updated Bios here

You will have to install version 3211

Last edited: