THE PLEXTOR ALTERNATIVE!

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi, it is apparent after researching this that hardly anyone knows of the current capabilities of the Eide 12x10x32 Teac W512EB Bios 2.0B which "FULLY" supports Clonecd (including write simulation which no plextor drive supports) and also does use BurnProof technology! The early model of this drive did not use BurnProof technology and the newest bios 2.0B is required for it to work fully with Clonecd (the reason why this Gem has not sparkled till now). I have tested with Clonecd and it works flawlessly! I stalled it by hitting Esc key (litmus test) and multitasked and played a game all during the burn of a copy protected game. Very impressive and fast for as low as 150 dollars, a full 85 dollars cheaper than its plextor counterpart. I bought two to replace my plextor 8/20 scsi drives which will produce coasters if I do any of the above while burning. Anyhow IMO, right now the Eide Teac 12x10x32 is a better buy than the Eide Plextor 12x10x32 although Plextor is still great.

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!

G

Somehow my Plextor 12/10/32A supports write simulation, but it does not support all the clone-cd options (it's an early revision).

Teac has made kick a$$ drives for some time.

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If it does support write simulation then that is new information that should be reported to the clonecd author as well as several other websites. SATCP's website comes to mind along with some of the sites he links to. I have reported this information to SATCP already, an old Tomshardware buddy of mine. I felt this information was bursting to get out. Yes, Teac was Plextors orignal nemesis but because of lack of clonecd support they couldnt be recommended by anyone needing it. I am more than please with these Teac drives I got. Once the word spreads how good this drive is I dont see why anyone would buy the same plextor version other than to say they have plextor.

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!

G

Yeah, 1.07 already.

At the CloneCD site it says that the TLA #0101 series of the burner do not support Read Subchannel Data from Data Tracks. But mine is TLB #0202 and it does not work for me.

Some time ago I posted to receive feedback about other people with the Plextor having this isue, but it looked like ¿nobody? got one, hehe.

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST

G

I'm afraid you didn't look in the right place, the latest version is still 1.07.

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST